What Would You Change?

Natey2

May 25, 2012
If there was only 1 thing you could get Google to change about your Nexus 7, what would it be?

Add external storage and it would be nearly perfect to me, at least in the prive range.

I would add the back facing camera. At first I did not think I would care, but I do. I have the Nexus with me almost all the time and use it for everything, so it annoys me when I actualy need something to take a quick pic and have to go hunting for my digital.

I would recess the side buttons so that they do not get pressed while in your hand or even a case. A slid my Nexus into a sleeve case and it ran the volume all the way down and held the power button down. Also I am always slightly touching the volume rocker and changing the volume. I am presently looking for an app that will disable the volume switch.

Add external storage and it would be nearly perfect to me, at least in the prive range.

I don't have a Nexus yet, but to me this is the biggest drawback. I like having all of my documents with me at any given time. I know there are solutions out there, but it just seems counter-intuitive to have to carry around a flash drive.

I haven't got it yet, but the only thing I'll really miss is an HDMI output. The memory problem can be solved with a OTG USB cable.

How about the low volume? I have seen on other tablet, there are some "fixes" - has anyone found a (easy) solution for the low volume, noticeable when on a plane playing films in VLC?
thanks

I'd like to have back-facing camera, home screen rotation and SD card slot.

Home screen rotation is now available after the latest version of Jelly bean updates.

I agree entirely about the lack of memory card space. Pity they can't just 'download' an SD card slot - I'm sure they could on the Starship Enterprise! I've 'rooted' mine so that an app called StickMount will work as this allows you to recognise USB sticks/external drives.

Back