Wi-Fi Doesn't' Turn On After Re-Boot (CM7 RC4)

Discussion in 'Nook Color Technical' started by gbeardmore, Apr 7, 2011.

1. gbeardmore

gbeardmore Member

Tablet / Device:
    Nook Color (1.1.0 Rooted - 1100 Mhz)
    Sometimes I make changes and get unexpected consequences. My Gallery doesn't work in this release. So in trying to fix that, I think it stopped wi-fi from coming back on automatically after a re-boot. Not sure that's what did it, but it's the only thing I can remember fooling around with.

In any event, I installed LiveWallpaper and LiveWallpaper Picker. Neither of those apps worked so I promptly un-installed them.

BUT NOW, when I re-boot I have to manually turn on wi-fi. Not sure the above named apps are responsible, but I can't figure out how to make wi-fi turn on automatically after a re-boot. Any advice?

Thanks!

2. J515OP

J515OP Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Nook Color, Nook Tablet 16GB, Vizio VTab, Nexus 7
    I think there is a root problem you need to address but in the mean time there are apps that allow you to set wifi profiles so that you can have wifi turn on after wake for example.

3. gbeardmore

gbeardmore Member

Tablet / Device:
    Thanks for the advice. Do you think that re-flashing, maybe with the latest Nightly, would be in order? Or is there something else I should do to "address" the issue? I'm guessing the Gallery not working too is your indicator that there is an underlying ROOT issue.

Thanks!

4. AnimaTechnica

AnimaTechnica Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Droid, Haipad 701, Rooted Nook Color
  5. gbeardmore

gbeardmore Member

Tablet / Device:
    Thank You! I'll give it a try for sure. Being a relative noobie, this will be my first flash over an existing ROM other than stock. I'm OK with booting into CWM and flashing the .zip. My questions are how to prepare for it.

After backing up my apps in Titanium, I assume I need to wipe the Cache and Dalvik Cache prior to the flash. Will my existing apps play nice with this new ROM and can I just flash it over the top of CM7 RC4? Or should I wipe EVERYTHING on the Nook and re-install from my Titanium backup once the Nook is up and running again?

If I do need to wipe the entire device that's fine. I have no problem flashing GAPP's again, and I also can re-flash Dalingrin's OC (4/4/11). After that I can re-install my apps from Titanium. But if this is overkill, I'd be very happy to just wipe the 2 caches and flash the ROM over the top of the old one.

What's your recommendation?

Thanks!

6. AnimaTechnica

Tablet / Device:
    in my case i took the chance in that after i did my backups i just copied this file onto my SD card, boot into recovery and install from SD without wiping cache or data and it booted up ok with my apps, settings intact

note i flashed Dalingrins 4/4 OC kernel and while it made it zippy, it introduced a wifi disconnect issue for me - removing it solved my problem - now some reading into various forums indicated that the airplane mode is at fault and that the OC kernel somehow turns airplane mode on when booting up and turning off the switch via power control widget does not change it - requires a change in one of the init files - so will wait in the sidelines until a fixed version is available

7. gbeardmore

gbeardmore Member

Tablet / Device:
    Link is dead. It appears there is a tt.RC2 but I'll do some more reading before I flash anything...

Greg

8. AnimaTechnica

Tablet / Device:
    Thansk updated link to rc2. Using rc2 now no issues with wifi

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2