Wi-Fi Doesn't' Turn On After Re-Boot (CM7 RC4)

gbeardmore

Mar 17, 2011
Sometimes I make changes and get unexpected consequences. My Gallery doesn't work in this release. So in trying to fix that, I think it stopped wi-fi from coming back on automatically after a re-boot. Not sure that's what did it, but it's the only thing I can remember fooling around with.

In any event, I installed LiveWallpaper and LiveWallpaper Picker. Neither of those apps worked so I promptly un-installed them.

BUT NOW, when I re-boot I have to manually turn on wi-fi. Not sure the above named apps are responsible, but I can't figure out how to make wi-fi turn on automatically after a re-boot. Any advice?

Thanks!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I think there is a root problem you need to address but in the mean time there are apps that allow you to set wifi profiles so that you can have wifi turn on after wake for example.

gbeardmore

Mar 17, 2011
I think there is a root problem you need to address but in the mean time there are apps that allow you to set wifi profiles so that you can have wifi turn on after wake for example.

Thanks for the advice. Do you think that re-flashing, maybe with the latest Nightly, would be in order? Or is there something else I should do to "address" the issue? I'm guessing the Gallery not working too is your indicator that there is an underlying ROOT issue.

Thanks!

gbeardmore

Mar 17, 2011
Greg try this ROM out - http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook-color-technical/12343-rom-cm7-rc1-tablet-tweaks-called-tt-rc1.html

it is basically the CM7 - RC4 but with a ton of bug fixes and additional tweaks to it - this one is called tt.RC1 - for tablet tweaks Release Candidate 1. note this particular build is a step closer to the final stable candidate

Thank You! I'll give it a try for sure. Being a relative noobie, this will be my first flash over an existing ROM other than stock. I'm OK with booting into CWM and flashing the .zip. My questions are how to prepare for it.

After backing up my apps in Titanium, I assume I need to wipe the Cache and Dalvik Cache prior to the flash. Will my existing apps play nice with this new ROM and can I just flash it over the top of CM7 RC4? Or should I wipe EVERYTHING on the Nook and re-install from my Titanium backup once the Nook is up and running again?

If I do need to wipe the entire device that's fine. I have no problem flashing GAPP's again, and I also can re-flash Dalingrin's OC (4/4/11). After that I can re-install my apps from Titanium. But if this is overkill, I'd be very happy to just wipe the 2 caches and flash the ROM over the top of the old one.

What's your recommendation?

Thanks!

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
in my case i took the chance in that after i did my backups i just copied this file onto my SD card, boot into recovery and install from SD without wiping cache or data and it booted up ok with my apps, settings intact

note i flashed Dalingrins 4/4 OC kernel and while it made it zippy, it introduced a wifi disconnect issue for me - removing it solved my problem - now some reading into various forums indicated that the airplane mode is at fault and that the OC kernel somehow turns airplane mode on when booting up and turning off the switch via power control widget does not change it - requires a change in one of the init files - so will wait in the sidelines until a fixed version is available

Thank You! I'll give it a try for sure. Being a relative noobie, this will be my first flash over an existing ROM other than stock. I'm OK with booting into CWM and flashing the .zip. My questions are how to prepare for it.

After backing up my apps in Titanium, I assume I need to wipe the Cache and Dalvik Cache prior to the flash. Will my existing apps play nice with this new ROM and can I just flash it over the top of CM7 RC4? Or should I wipe EVERYTHING on the Nook and re-install from my Titanium backup once the Nook is up and running again?

If I do need to wipe the entire device that's fine. I have no problem flashing GAPP's again, and I also can re-flash Dalingrin's OC (4/4/11). After that I can re-install my apps from Titanium. But if this is overkill, I'd be very happy to just wipe the 2 caches and flash the ROM over the top of the old one.

What's your recommendation?

Thanks!

gbeardmore

Mar 17, 2011
Greg try this ROM out - http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook-color-technical/12343-rom-cm7-rc1-tablet-tweaks-called-tt-rc1.html

it is basically the CM7 - RC4 but with a ton of bug fixes and additional tweaks to it - this one is called tt.RC1 - for tablet tweaks Release Candidate 1. note this particular build is a step closer to the final stable candidate

Link is dead. It appears there is a tt.RC2 but I'll do some more reading before I flash anything...

Greg