WonderMedia's "App Market" is not Android Market/Google Play!

amosngweien

Jun 13, 2012
I just found out today.
If you go click the "App Market"(Which I do not know why it's not named "Android Market" or "Google Play"), It totally looks like how a iPhone would look like -.- .
A real Android device would not have this format, instead if you want to get to the next tab, you slide your finger from the left to the right(or vice versa) to go to a tab, not press tab buttons!

WonderMedia's Tablet
Search 1:
Lets Search for "Cut The Rope" on the "App Market".
You get no results.
Search 2:
Lets Search for "Word Search" on the "App Market".
You get no results.

Ordinary Android Tablet(In this case, Sony Tablet S)
Search 1: (same as above) "Cut The Rope" can be found.
Search 2: (same as above) "Word Search" can be found.

Ordinary Smartphone Device Powered by Android(In this case, Sony Erricson Xperia)
Search 1: Same Results as the Sony Tablet
Search 2: Same Results as the Sony Tablet
If you do not believe this, fish out your WonderMedia Tablet and a Tablet/Smartphone which is not WonderMedia's and do these searches and post your results.
P.S. If you can, post images of your results.

Last edited:

cal67

Aug 4, 2011
The Android market (Play) will not show apps that are incompatible with your device. Your tablet is real Android, there are just lots of Android versions. The WM tablet is limited by hardware and not all apps will work. I found that using Uberoid did allow more apps to work and made some that used to be unusable to work enough to be acceptable. You can't really compare it to the devices you are mentioning as they have far superior hardware. If you are still using the stock ROM, you can still use the real market - search the forum for posts on how to do it.

amosngweien

Jun 13, 2012
The Android market (Play) will not show apps that are incompatible with your device. Your tablet is real Android, there are just lots of Android versions. The WM tablet is limited by hardware and not all apps will work. I found that using Uberoid did allow more apps to work and made some that used to be unusable to work enough to be acceptable. You can't really compare it to the devices you are mentioning as they have far superior hardware. If you are still using the stock ROM, you can still use the real market - search the forum for posts on how to do it.
Its not that. I first launched the "App Market", tried to sign in with my Google Account, it did not work! For all Android devices, signing in with your Google Account is acceptable

cal67

Aug 4, 2011
If you still have the stock ROM, then use the link in my sig for "Fix for market with stock rom". That will give you access to the official Google market. You still won't be able to use all available apps due to hardware limitations.