Yes we CAN play DVDs on our Android tablets!

Maine_Coon

Nov 19, 2011
With the menus and stuff.

- download Daroon player from Market
- copy VIDEO_TS folder from your DVD to your SD card
- Start Daroon and click on DVD Folders icon.

It will find your VIDEO_TS folder and play it.

I am excited!

Not exactly Vizio tablet topic, but I wanted to share it here first.

carli56

Nov 29, 2011
Hello Maine_Coon. Thanks for the Daroon tip. Installed it and played my iso (DVD) files very well. Just wanted to ask if your movies are a bit 'choppy' and if it is due to the Vtab processor, or can it be corrected in the settings? FYI, my converted movies also are a bit choppy. I just wondered if you found a way to correct it through the settings. carli56

. Thanks for the . Thanks

I am excited!

Not exactly Vizio tablet topic, but I wanted to share it here first.[/QUOTE]

Maine_Coon

Nov 19, 2011
Hello Maine_Coon. Thanks for the Daroon tip. Installed it and played my iso (DVD) files very well. Just wanted to ask if your movies are a bit 'choppy' and if it is due to the Vtab processor, or can it be corrected in the settings? FYI, my converted movies also are a bit choppy. I just wondered if you found a way to correct it through the settings. carli56

Hi carli56.
Yes my videos are little choppy too.
Maybe there will be better MPEG2 codec in the future releases of Daroon player.
For now we have to live with what we have.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Do you need to rip the video first?

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum

DaveO

Dec 20, 2011
I copied DVD folder direct to Xoom, NOT SDcard. No chop! Maybe the chop is because of the speed of your SDcard throughput?

Maine_Coon

Nov 19, 2011
I copied DVD folder direct to Xoom, NOT SDcard. No chop! Maybe the chop is because of the speed of your SDcard throughput?

My cards are Sandisk class 4.
Playback is perfect on my new HTC EVO VIEW w/1.5 Ghz CPU.

Vizio needs a custom ROM and overclocking kernel.

@jbenham - no, you don't need to rip anything.

Last edited:

mrblase

Mar 5, 2011
I use a freeware program called ConvertVOBtoAVI. Here is the link: www.convertvobtoavi.com.

Just highlight the VOB file and convert. Actually makes an XVID file that plays perfectly on the Visio using the stock player.

I use DVDShrink to rip the DVD and do not let it chunk the resultant file into 1gb chunks. 1.2gb xvid equals a 2 1/2 hour movie.

AJacob

Jun 22, 2012
Hello, Thanks for the Tip. I just installed Daroon on my new Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. I've copied Video_TS folder on the SD Card. But when I launch Daroon and click on DVD Folder icon, it says No DVD folder found. I did exact same thing with my Galaxy SII Skyrocket phone and it worked fine. I'm copied the exact same Video_TS folder and the path. Any suggestions? Thanks

With the menus and stuff.

I am excited!

Not exactly Vizio tablet topic, but I wanted to share it here first.

Stringrazor

May 3, 2012
I use DVDFab's "convert to VOB" which merges all VOB files for a movie (and/or any of the extras you choose on the DVD as well as subtitles). VOBs are just MPEG files so I rename them from .vob to .mpeg and they can be played with nearly any player. I do this to watch movies on a large-screens from a server without transcoding or compression. While you can watch the same file on a tablet, the only advantage is that you don't have to take the time to transcode. Watching full-res DVD rips on a 10" screen is a waste of space. For the tablet, I transcode & compress down to about 25% of original size.

glebealyth

Jul 5, 2012
Hi Maine_Coon,

Thanks for the tip.

I downloaded both Daroon & its big brother Wondershare.

Copied the VIDEO_TS folder and guess what, I watched a DVD. I don't like silent movies, though, ;o))) and cannot get sound at all. I've tried every setting I can think of, including copying AUDIO_TS folder

Any ideas?