Youtube app buffering on Vizio tablet

Apeman

Apr 28, 2012
Hey everybody, i was wondering if anyone is having the same buffering issues with their youtube app as i am. I have the honeycomb update, which i think has been pretty decent outside that now, youtube has been made functionless on my tablet with constant buffering on hd videos. I have a great connection, which i tested with the speed test app and i have tried the browser youtube site as well with no luck. I called vizio and they told me to factory reset...which didnt do anything. Im currently using a youtube downloader for videos but I feel that a product that is well made like this shouldnt need that kind of a workaround. Is anyone else having these issues or is it just me?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Not sure what is going on but when a video is loading (buffering) try unchecking the HQ button and see if it goes through then.

zsir

Sep 1, 2011
yeah I have the same issues... the same thing happened after one of vizios earlier updates. it will take a new version of the you tube app to fix it. we haven't has one since the honeycomb update so we are running you tube on a version of android it want optimized for if you will.

I'm hoping for a vizio update also I'm sure they have a fee tweaks ready to make things run smoother.

VIZIO a nation turns it's lonely eyes to you.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk 2

alucard9114

Dec 12, 2011
Its a honeycomb 3.2 problem not vtab all tablets running 3.2 are having this problem its HQ thats causing it.

Roger2008

Apr 4, 2012
alucard9114 said:
Its a honeycomb 3.2 problem not vtab all tablets running 3.2 are having this problem its HQ thats causing it.

If HQ causes a problem with Android that would explain why the YouTube app can not do HD.

Sent from my HC VTAB1008 using Android Tablet

zsir

Sep 1, 2011
is the youtube app listed in the play store? It's not for me. guess I'm really at vizios mercy

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk 2

Roger2008

Apr 4, 2012
is the youtube app listed in the play store?

The Youtube Application will always be available at the Google Play Store and all you have to do to see that for yourself is open the following link in your browser instead of the Play Store application. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.youtube

And if you still had a GB VTAB1008 you would even be able to update to it.

guess I'm really at vizios mercy

Now you got me going. More about what we lost with the update to HC besides access to the YouTube app on Play Store can be found at: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-way-undo-honeycomb-upgrade-2.html#post203266