Hello All - Huawei E173 Modem Problem

Sarco28

Oct 27, 2011
Just entered the forum, so I just wanted to say hi :eek:) And I really hope you can help me out with a major problem.... I´ve got a serious problem, I got this new: Cheap 7" android 2.2 OS Tablet PC - The thing is I´ve got 3G network card/USB Modem - Huawei E173 - that this tablet should support! Well it doesn´t ??? I keep gettin the message: DAMAGED UDISK!!! it´s NOT damaged, it works fine!!! Now I bought a micro sim card, for the tablet that doesn´t work either, doesn´t fit into the TF slot!!!

So how do I get this thing to get on the Internet with this Huawei E173 modem ?? Please HELP!!

Hello Sarco, welcome to the forum. Glad to have you as a member of Android Tablets. Sorry to hear you're having problems with your new tablet and I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section. Someone there should be able to help you.

First of all, a micro SIM has nothing to do with TFlash, which is actually a flash drive/memory while SIM is a chip used by cell fones. You can't use one in another slot and vice-versa...

Secondly, it seems that the tablet is trying to read the virtual CD-ROM that your modem has with drivers for normal computers. There are some commands to disable this virtual CD using terminal commands (AT-something). Look around and you should be able to disable it. Then you will have to find out if Android on your tablet supports a 3G dongle, not all do, and when they do it only works with certain modems...

Back