2.6.32 Froyo Kernel Source Released

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
says "Normal" under product and "common software" i'm assuming it's universal

unzipped: i see s7 files.

Last edited:

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
I'll compile a copy of this and if it runs on a S7, I'll put it up on my github and do some modifications, undervolting and so on....

just the man i was waiting for, i've learned to compile a kernel just not the tweaks yet... the menuconfig gui is a little weird to understand whats going on, thanks alot man!

razor950

Nov 25, 2010
Well, I should say, I am happy to be back and I'll be here all summer....

I have gotten my linux distro back to working (had some issues because I moved removed/added new hdd's)
I'll be compiling a kernel tonight without any changes and then slowly I'll start adding changes when the time for adding changes comes, I'll ask anyone else who wants to work on things if they wanna join or pull my repo, no point in double work.

Edited: I didn't compile a kernel last night, I was too tired and didn't even sync up all the android stuff :|
I'll probably do a test tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited:

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
Download kernel.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

To use this, you'll need to dump your boot partition (boot.img) and use the two scripts which allow you to unpack and repack and replace the zImage with the on in the zip above.
Rename the zImage#g to zImage when your gonna use it, the 3g one is using vmsplit 3g and the other 2g. Please test both, I'll setup a github tonight.

loading onto my phone in a few, could you also update your vendor device config? or atleast help me get the correct files to do it myself? i built cyanogenmod last night with the old one just to see if i could get it to build, it did build but it's broken because of the old config...

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
you dont need to build a full cm to try out the kernel, just unpack the build.img (you can use the dd command to pull your boot partition as a boot.img)

HOWTO: Unpack, Edit, and Re-Pack Boot Images - Android Wiki

if anything just dump the boot.img and upload and I'll repack two of them for you to flash/run via fastboot...

no i can unpack and repack a boot.img just fine, just re-setting up my ubuntu vm at work to do it, cyanogenmod is just something else i'm trying to get onto the device, that or aosp, i hate the EmotionUI, and i need a proper device config, i've never made one before and i saw yours but it's outdated, so i kind of got an idea of what i need just don't know where to get them

razor950

Nov 25, 2010
ah dont worry we can tackle that afterwards(if your trying cm7, I haven't looked at how the config system is so you'll def need to give me a bit) for now im focusing on kernel.

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
ah dont worry we can tackle that afterwards(if your trying cm7, I haven't looked at how the config system is so you'll def need to give me a bit) for now im focusing on kernel.

haha any cm that will boot that isn't our stock tablets ui would be great.

Kernel: zImage2g - Boots (Settings>About> Kernel Version: Unavailable)
Kernel: zImage3g - Boots (Settings>About> Kernel Version: Unavailable)