3.1 and 'mobile' websites

omnisvalidus

May 9, 2011
It does the same to me as well. I've tried experimenting with the various settings in the debug menu and none of them have any affect. I've also tried it in the Maxthon browser and the same happens, which suggests that there is something fundamental about the tablet itself being detected.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
It does the same to me as well. I've tried experimenting with the various settings in the debug menu and none of them have any affect. I've also tried it in the Maxthon browser and the same happens, which suggests that there is something fundamental about the tablet itself being detected.

You do understand that on Android, Maxthon is simply a thin wrapper around the stock browser don't you!?
Same is true of Dolphin.
Opera has its own browser engine.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Whitegoose: clear your cache, set to desktop and try again. I eventually got the BBC to behave using this method.
The problem is sometimes that the browser cached the redirect page that takes you to the mobile site.

Last edited:

omnisvalidus

May 9, 2011
You do understand that on Android, Maxthon is simply a thin wrapper around the stock browser don't you!?
Same is true of Dolphin.
Opera has its own browser engine.

I do, but I've had them behave differently, with Latest news, comment and reviews from the Guardian | guardian.co.uk for example, so I consider it wirth a shot.
Incidentally Opera defaults to the mobile site too. Which again might imply something fundamental to the tablet rather than a specific browser.