3.1 update almost bricked my a500.

nas711

Jul 7, 2011
Hey, Australian user here. Just got the update this morning. Worked all day flawlessly, then I get a phone call from my dad who also has an a500. His tablet resets to the android loading screen ever 30 seconds in a continuous loop, it started doing this after he updated. I scoffed and continued using mine. About 3 hours later after I pulled it off charge, it started rebooting every 30 seconds. I had to go into privacy settings and to a hard reset. It reset back to factor (no user installed apps etc, but it kept 3.1 update). Any one else encounter this? I did nothing new to the tablet all day except for put it on charge.....however my dad didn't put his on charge, it just started going crazy for no reason. I am thinking..botched Australian update? Any other aussies got 3.1 update?

Bit worried it might happen again....and can't roll back to 3.0 :/

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
It could be some interaction with an app and the installed of 3.1. if it is now clear all apps and 3.1 is still there, this is a good time to see how stable it is. Are all of the Acer apps still here? I'm having a lot of force closings with the media apps so I'm thinking of doing a reset myself.

KiwiNessie

May 9, 2011
I was getting exactly this problem. A solution on Google search was to jump into settings and disconnect wifi. Thank goodness it worked for me!

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum