7" Black Pandigital specific market?

9lucky

Nov 20, 2010
I just got a Pandigital 7" black for Christmas although I am very sad with the lack of apps that work on it and the amount of trial and error i have to go through to find an app that works good. I know a little html and I can setup a basic site with apps specifically for the black 7" pandigital. Would anyone be interested if you are interested then please post some apps that you have found work well with the black pandigital 7" ( Download link as well please ) and I will make the site.

Thanks, 9lucky

cookieavenue

Dec 26, 2010
I got the Pandigital black for christmas as well, I have issues with the slatedroid and trying to install the canadian firmware as well How to hack your (black) Pandigital Novel

But here is what ive done so far
Installed Youtube : YouTube-v13.apk

Installed Opera (browser) : Downloading the file 1289942260_Opera_Mobile_10.1.1011151731.apk ...

installed Sudoku (game) : Download free Android Sudoku app for Android at Freeware Lovers

Installed Mine Sweeper (Game): Download free Minesweeper for Android app for Android at Freeware Lovers

Installed Word search (game): Download free Open WordSearch app for Android at Freeware Lovers

The things i have tried to install but dont work are:

tetrc (tetris) - game
Andoku (sudoku) - Game
Adobe Flash - Plugin
Pac-Man 1.0.3 -game
Brain Genius Delux 1.31 - game
Pocket Empires 1.3.4- Game

I've only has this for a couple of hours ill post when i make more progress :0

Good Luck
-Liz

deedeedee28

Dec 26, 2010
My two girls got one of these for Christmas and your post helped me so much. I was so afraid that we couldn't get youtube or anything on it cause we had no luck thus far. Please post the other apps that you find will work and I will do the same. Thanks again.

mike jones

Dec 28, 2010
Hey if yer still doing this i own a hosting website company and can donate a web address and space for the site id even do it for free.

anthony_xdl

Dec 28, 2010
Hey, I just downloaded the youtube app, and the word search. Both have flaws, the word search is liveable. On the word search does not completely fit. I can still play it though. Also the opera app did not work for me... Any nee apps found?
Btw, I found that solitaire works good. DO NOT GET GET THE KLONDIKE VERSION, DOES NOT WORK!

Last edited:

WiredAnim

Dec 22, 2010
Here is what I have gotten to work so far. Download below

Code:
Album Art Grabber  - Gets album art for music
Aldiko -  Book reader app
ASTRO - *MUST HAVE* file manager
Bible  -  duh...
Dolphin - Web browser this is an older version the new HD doesn't work
Concise Oxford English Dictionary - duh
Concise Oxford Medical Dictionary - duh
Documents to Go - Make Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and PDFs
dxTop - Home Replacement app
dxTop Theme GlossSuite
Ebay - Buy Junk from Ebay
FaceBook - Older version of facebook that works 1.1.4 I think
OpenSudoku - Fun game
Pandora - Streaming music radio
Police Radio - listen to police scanners
PrinterShare - print to you networked printer (easy setup)
RepliGo Reader - PDF Viewer
Solitaire - Looks and works great
Swarm - Torrent client
Thesaurus - duh
Tunee_Music - Download mp3s for free
Unblock - Fun game (sliding blocks - puzzle)
Virtuebible SE - Bible reading app
WifiScan - scans for available networks
Wikidroid - Nice wikipedia app

Here is one download for all apps, DOWNLOAD 17MB

Last edited:

housemusic1

Dec 30, 2010
Hey Wired, did you update your firmware prior to adding all these apps? There are a few of those I would like to put onto my Novel, but I'm not sure if I should stay with the default settings or maybe update to the Canadian firmware. Just let me know......Also, have you had any luck with an app/download that will play Youtube vids? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

-Adam.

WiredAnim

Dec 22, 2010
I install the open android firmware from the site and they installed just fine. A few of the games didn't go full screen but they worked. I'm doubt they will install in the default setup, pure android would be needed. I haven't messed with a youtube player yet. The tablet is my moms so she has it more now. I may get a chance to play with it this weekend I'll see what I can find.

housemusic1

Dec 30, 2010
ok, thanks for the info. The Novel is actually my wife's. I got it for her for Christmas because it seemed better than a Nook or Kindle. So far she loves it, but I know that the flash/Youtube situation might piss her off. Let me know what you find out. Also, did you install the .APK files via SD card, or just plug the Novel into your PC & run them via USB?

WiredAnim

Dec 22, 2010
I put them on the SD card and then went on the device to do a google search "File Manager for Android". I don't remember which one I got and it doesn't really matter. Once it installs you can use it to go through the SD Card and install the apps or access files. I would recommend Astro that is in the list above. It is hands down the best file manager out. In my honest opinion.

PS. I can't remember if I had to do this or not but go to Setting>Applications and check "Allow non market content" It may have already been checked and if it is great. Because without it you can't install from the SD Card

housemusic1

Dec 30, 2010
My desktop is older & doesn't have an SD slot. Do you think I can do the installs via USB? I got the Novel through QVC & it came with ES File Manager already on it. Let me know if you have any suggestions for getting past the SD card situation with my desktop.......

anthony_xdl

Dec 28, 2010
ok, thanks for the info. The Novel is actually my wife's. I got it for her for Christmas because it seemed better than a Nook or Kindle. So far she loves it, but I know that the flash/Youtube situation might piss her off. Let me know what you find out. Also, did you install the .APK files via SD card, or just plug the Novel into your PC & run them via USB?
YouTube-v13.apk don't have to use the actual app, with it installed you will be able to play videos from the website.

WiredAnim

Dec 22, 2010
You could hook the novel up USB and transfer the files that way or use the novel on wifi and download the apps directly to it.

housemusic1

Dec 30, 2010
You could hook the novel up USB and transfer the files that way or use the novel on wifi and download the apps directly to it.

OK, thanks for the info. I'm gonna do the apps tonight after work, & will let you know what the result is. Great forum BTW!

housemusic1

Dec 30, 2010
OK, thanks for the info. I'm gonna do the apps tonight after work, & will let you know what the result is. Great forum BTW!

ok, here's what I got......This was all done via USB on my desktop....I downloaded the Android Open Platform from the Pandigital site. Then I downloaded the APPS that you had via the link you provided. Since I did the D/L via USB, it was a little harder to find the APPS in the ES File Explorer that came with the Novel, but I was able to find them & install them to the Novel. Everything seems to work great, except when I view books in Alkido, the pages don't exactly fit on the screen. I've gone into settings & have messed with the margins & the spacing. Even tried messing with landscape vs. portrait & can't get the pages to fit. Any ideas on that? Also, some people have said that they lost all their B&N stuff after downloading the Open Platform, but I haven't lost anything? I guess at this point the only issue I have is the Alkido situation. Let me know I you have any suggestions.....also, anymore games like Unblocker would be great! I played that thing for like 2 hours last night.......Thanks again for all the help here guys.

-Adam.:D