7012 shutting off

mjblake

Sep 22, 2012
Bought a KYROS tab on sale a couple weeks ago , but returned it unopened as boss promised me a bb playbook . Got impatient , so I just bought another Kyros 2nd hand ( 3 weeks old , so they say ). I'm finding accessories missing , but more importantly , when I try to power it up , the thing shuts down in a matter of seconds . I found something about " bricking " , as in redered useless ; anybody know if that's the case ? Think I got beat.... It's the MID7012-4G.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Based just on your brief explanation that would indicate it isn't charged. There may be something else going on but that would be the way a tablet would work if there was no or very little battery left.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi mjblake, congratulations on your new Coby MID7012 and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. I hope the charger for your tablet is not one of the missing accessories. I agree with Lee, your tablet is doing what all tablets do when the battery is discharged too much to run the tablet. Try putting it on the charger for a few hours and see if that doesn't "fix" the problem. Meanwhile, I'm going to move your thread to the Coby Generation 1 forum to see if the folks who have that tablet have any other ideas to help out.