7042 sound failed, then touch screen failed as well

Ronin90210

Aug 4, 2013
Hi all, would really appreciate some help please.

I've got a rooted tablet that was working fantastically for a while (thank you to vampireifo for rooting help).
Last night for no reason what so ever the sound stopped, both from the speaker and headphone, to fix this I tried a CWM back up. That didn't work so I flashed vampireifo's cf9 rom, which worked but still no sound and also no wifi, so reverted to the very first cwm back up I did, Wifi worked still no sound.

Next thing I did was a wipe data/factory reset to try to reset the sound, still no sound, but wifi and screen worked, so decided stuff it, I can cope without sound.

In the end decided to revert to my latest back up with cwm mod, now I have no working touchscreen.

Any advice would be much appreciated, I do have a system dump available, but when i try to use cwm to install dump from zip it wont do it.

Please note, returning or exchanging is not an option as it is a second hand tablet and well out of warranty.

once again any help would be much appreciated.

Ronin90210

Aug 4, 2013
ok, change of problem, sort of....

Screen now sorted, can use tablet again, just don't have any sound, apart from a glitch that I created, had netflix running to test the sound, hit the power button to put it into standby and the sound suddenly came on for no reason, very mystified by this, so any help please.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Sounds like hardware problem, your speaker wires are rubbing or shorting out.

ZippedGnome

Jan 20, 2014
yes i am havinb the same issue with my 7042 about the sound not workimg but if i press the power button it will work i havnt rooted mine yet its second hand as well and honestly dont want to have to put in the work on the root this will be my first time any help on that would be great these things suck lol but only want to root if i can fix sound if not ill give to my son he wont care either way and ill just have to save up for one that works so if you figuredout the sound problem and help with rooting would be great i hate that i finally have a tablet i cant watch or listen to anythig on