7042 Touch screen issue

jailuis

Aug 8, 2012
First of all, Hello ^^ Im new in the forum, I just registered so I can thanks the work of the users here to give us rooted FWs and also to make this question..

So far, I bought a coby 7042, Im new with this tablet and I found out that when I try to charge it (using the normal charger not USB---although happens with usb too----) the touch screen goes off.. like its not calibrated or something like that... The point is, I was wondering if this was normal or not and if there's any known fix to it... besides, I was wondering if using one of the FW dums from stock that are here would help... Im not sure if its a software or hardware problem.. so your help will be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Jailuis

iralden

Dec 3, 2012
sorry for necro posting but i'm currently experiencing the same problem and i can't really decide if i should return the tab cuz it might be a hardware problem. are there no one else here experiencing this problem? another thing is when my 7042 arrived from the online store i bought it from it came rooted and had google play already installed which is kinda weird.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
sorry for necro posting but i'm currently experiencing the same problem and i can't really decide if i should return the tab cuz it might be a hardware problem. are there no one else here experiencing this problem? another thing is when my 7042 arrived from the online store i bought it from it came rooted and had google play already installed which is kinda weird.

There is no fix, if tablet works fine other than above problem I wouldn't worry about it. If you are having other problems return the tablet.

iralden

Dec 3, 2012
its working fine other than that. i guess its ok. i contacted the online store about it tho, cuz getting a replacement would be better. thanks

samersh

Sep 11, 2012
im facing same issue. during charging the touch screen become a little mad when touch it for example if u touch the three point setting icon, big status bar appears, but not always. it is a common issue in 7042. i think it is related to battery level?