Touch Screen Cracked, Need Advice on Replacement

Ronin90210

Aug 4, 2013
Hi all, finally got my tablet working properly, only to crack the glass.
So... I need some advice, I think I've found a site that has the spares,
just need to know which on I should use for a coby 7042, any help MUCH appreciated...
Option 1 Replacement Touch Screen Panel for 7'' AllWinner A13 Q88 Tablet
or
Option 2 Embedded Replacement Touch Screen for 7'' Allwinner A10/A13 Tablet

If these are not suitable, what sort of touch sreen do I search ebay for? please don't say coby kyros 7042 as that doesn't work.
once again, any help much appreciated.
Many thanks
Ronin.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
If the tablet still works I wouldn't worry about the glass, but if you need to replace the glass your best bet is ebay, buy a broken 7042 that has good glass and replace it. I have several tablets with broken glass that operate just fine, on those I don't replace the glass. I only replace the glass if I am going to sell a tablet or the touch screen doesn't work.

Ronin90210

Aug 4, 2013
the touch bit doesn't work, its has multiple points of contact all going at once so cant use it :(
have now realised that neither of those screens will work, because while trying to remove the old knackered one have found the connectors/adapters look exactly the same as the 9inch screen and I cant find any anywhere that have the same connectors for the 7inch screen.

Ronin90210

Aug 4, 2013
ok, different question, can I use a mouse on a 7042? If so does it have to be a certain device or will any usb mouse do if I use an adapter?