A couple of quick questions re new tablet

Dazdroid

Mar 14, 2013
Hello all,I'm new here and also new to tablets.
I've just purchased a Sumvision Cyclone Voyager 7 running Jellybean 4.1 and have a couple of quick questions if anyone can help.

In the picture below I can't identify 2 of the icons.Far left is obviously wi-fi and far right is screen brightness but what do the middle 2 do ?

IMG_20130314_172216_zps982cfac1.jpg

Also,when in sleep mode is it possible for the device to awaken when notifications come thru,emails etc ?

cheers
Daz

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

I'm going to take a wild guess. The second icon appears to be something to do with the screen brightness and the 3rd appears to be refresh for the screen or icons. What happens when you tap them?

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Hi Daz and welcome!
Next to the WiFi you have the Gps icon and next to the GPS the Sync one and yes in sleep mode you should still get all your alerts for email and such. Have fun with your Tablet! :)

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Hi Daz and welcome!
Next to the WiFi you have the Gps icon and next to the GPS the Sync one and yes in sleep mode you should still get all your alerts for email and such. Have fun with your Tablet! :)

One of these days we will need to work on changing your user name to IDOKNOW lol

Dazdroid

Mar 14, 2013
Hi Daz and welcome!

You are correct,I did actually manage to find out but what has surprised me is I didn't think the tablet had gps......or is that a feature of Android/Jellybean and not the tablet itself ? Either way I turned gps on,it actually comes under the heading 'location services' in the settings menu,and it located me straight away.
Alerts are working too so it's all good.
Just need to get a mini hdmi cable and I'll be sorted :D

As an aside,I'm off to Lanzarote in a couple of months and was trying to download a map off google maps but it doesn't seem to work for there.Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited: