A New Hope to Root Honeycomb

Conspirator

Feb 10, 2012
Will try as soon as my VTAB charges back up. Has sat a little while and lost all charge, will update on situation later tonight.

UPDATE: Would not load, came back with parser error. Tried loading from different computers and direct download onto VTAB. All same error.

Last edited:

vinogans

Nov 15, 2011
I am sorry if it didnt work I didnt try it yet I still got vtab1008 but now I use galaxy tab 3 7 inch .. I will try to search for another app .apk can root this old tab .. thanks for replying any way

Conspirator

Feb 10, 2012
The problem is not just this APK. Vizio purposely closed all the known exploits to root the tablet. One update before the HC update was just for root closure. Also, we VTAB users are getting smaller and smaller in number, not many developers looking out for us.

vinogans

Nov 15, 2011
The problem is not just this APK. Vizio purposely closed all the known exploits to root the tablet. One update before the HC update was just for root closure. Also, we VTAB users are getting smaller and smaller in number, not many developers looking out for us.

this is not 100% true after searching and reading I found that this apk that I put use exploit named masterkey which is still not patched in 3.2.1 honeycomb you can check by installing https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bluebox.labs.onerootscanner&hl=en it will tell you that we still got the exploit ... the problem is I cant find an .apk use the masterkey to gain a root access ... ANy one can help converting this exploit to .Apk :D well as I said there is a hope :) ... P.S there is a way to root using the exploit but by using ADB which we dont have was thinking if we downgrade can it work .. but I dont wanna risk downgrade then try it the way that got ADB you can check it in Cydia Impactor ...

P.S I have a new tablet samsung galaxy tab 3 with jellybean .. I only wanted to have a new options for vtab1008 since I am not using it .. .. SO ANy one interested .. IF Any one wanna risk and try the ADB by downgrade it is your own risk

for more information about the exploit search google for masterkey android or read this Exploit (& Fix) Android "Master Key" - Jay Freeman (saurik)

skinnyquiver

Nov 26, 2013
Thanks vinogans. I was able to root my vtab1008 thanks to you. The information i have is for linux.
This was not an easy task i have made some changes to make it easier but as always root at your own risk.
I was not able to do it with Cydia Impactor it gave errors but i was able to find a github repo with some information that worked with a few changes.

Setup android tools for linux Android SDK | Android Developers
Setup java7
git clone https://github.com/raymondhardy/mkbreak
run ./doit.sh (path to sdk folder for android)
follow instructions
profit!

vinogans

Nov 15, 2011
Thanks vinogans. I was able to root my vtab1008 thanks to you. The information i have is for linux.
This was not an easy task i have made some changes to make it easier but as always root at your own risk.
I was not able to do it with Cydia Impactor it gave errors but i was able to find a github repo with some information that worked with a few changes.

Setup android tools for linux Android SDK | Android Developers
Setup java7
git clone https://github.com/raymondhardy/mkbreak
run ./doit.sh (path to sdk folder for android)
follow instructions
profit!

THats awesome :D it ends that reading alot got it`s own benefits

I managed to get ADB access on windows 7 by uninstalling and re installing the driver a few times .. And cydia impactor didnt work also with me ...
so you managed to root it from linux this is good but I dont wanna install ubuntu or fedora to just root my tablet ...

I will try to root this tablet by reading how to run .sh in windows or .. make a batch file that run .sh :D or try another exploit beside masterkey ..

Any way I need time only to root it from windows ... thank you for this news if u can attach a screen shot

vinogans

Nov 15, 2011
thanks for giving me credits @ XDA .. I am there with the same nickname Vinogans .. I will keep trying to make a batch for windows :) Hope I end with success