A problem with my Generic E400

gaj

Jul 19, 2012
I received my MID E400 Android 4.03 tablet (a generic tablet from Shenzen, China), on Monday, this week (7/16/12). On Wednesday, when I turned it on, I saw the message "Internal SD Card Unmounted or Damaged". This is not an external sd card that I can mount and unmount. It is built into the tablet, and contains some of the apps that are loaded onto the E400 by the manufacturer. Because the sd card is not mounted (and is not recognized), there are some apps, which are stored onto the E400 by the manufacturer, that will not function. I can see all of the apps, but I can not access the internal sd card. Also, the tablet is not damaged; it runs properly, but when I try to use apps that rely on the INTERNAL sd card, they report that there is No SD Card, and they will not function. I can not back up the apps because the tablet reports that there is no internal sd card, and the backup app does not look for an external sd card; it simply quits at that point.

I would like to run the Restore option on this tablet, but I do not know if this will reinstall the apps that are on the internal sd card (again, because this is a tablet and NOT a phone, I can not access the internal sd card to remove it; I can not even open the tablet). If I initiate the Restore option, it will delete everything on the tablet, and I don't know if I will lose the OS and apps.

Can anyone advise me on what I should do?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi gaj, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, hopefully someone there will be able to help you. Good luck!