A510 won't charge

vadertime

Jan 29, 2013
Hello fellow Android devotees.

We have 5 Android devices in our household (only 3 humans). Two Nexus 7 tablets, two HTC Sensation 4G Smartphones and my personal Acer Iconia A510. I've been pretty happy with it since I got it in mid-November 2012. I always charge it over the weekend and it gives me pretty decent, light usage for the week. Usually there is still about a 25-40 percent charge left on the tablet by the end of the week and it is fully charged after hooking it up to the charger overnight. However, this past weekend I hooked it up overnight to charge on Sunday night and when I pulled it out at work on Monday morning, it only had a 4% charge. I'm hoping that the charger wigged out on me, because I know that the charger is specifically designed for this device and it won't charge with a standard micro-to-standard USB cable. I ordered a new charger this morning in the hope that it is the charger. However, if that doesn't work, I may have to get in touch with Acer to find out how to resolve this charging issue.:(

Has anyone else had problems charging their A510?
Thanks in advance.:)

bethym

Oct 9, 2011
Did the new charger correct your problem? We are experiencing the same issue here and wondering if ordering a new power supply is the right place to start.

Thanks.

pafik

Jan 29, 2012
Hi - Vadertime.
Conekt with a tablet and Tri to toch the kabel evri-were, if you see began chargen..., you are found problem like myne.... :)

bhudz

Jul 6, 2013
same as problem as mine once you plug in to the wall outlet the charging bar is working then suddenly it will stop, is this normal? or something problem with this type of gadget, it seems many people encountered this problem.. any suggestion is helpful..thanks.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Hi - Vadertime.
Conekt with a tablet and Tri to toch the kan abel evri-were, if you see began chargen..., you are found problem like myne.... :)
You have a faulty cable coming from the powerpack. You probably need to order OEM charger.