Accelerated 2d/3d graphics working! Need help to make it stable.

modeuce

Dec 27, 2010
WARNING! Attempt at your own risk! I can't guarantee what worked for me will work for you. This shouldn't completely brick your Novel since you can easily fix it by reinstalling the firmware but it might make it unusable on restart.

I have used the drivers attached from Graphic Drivers mix for Eclair « Samsung Galaxy Spica Firmwares & Stuff and found a 5-6 fold increase in the final 2D benchmark scores using quadrant standard and the 3d performance has less screen tearing and increased frame rates as well. Boot Loop was fixed by using ADB to push the files.

1.VERY IMPORTANT! Make a backup of "EGL" Folder before overwriting any system files! system>lib>egl

2. Download: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service and unstuff to android-sdk-windows>platform-tools - Files must be in correct folder for ADB to work.

3. Using ADB - Overwrite the existing "egl" files with the new ones from the download. I can only verify that push through ADB works. example: adb push libGLESv2_fimg.so /system/lib/egl Any other way may brick your PDN.

4. If you don't know how to do this use the following link for a step by step.
How to push files through ADB - xda-developers
If your PDN is not recognized - Download the following drivers: 4shared.com - free file sharing and storage - download

5. Run Quadrant Standard

6. Enjoy the graphics boost ;D

New Drivers 12-29-10: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Quadrant Standard: http://handheld.softpedia.com/progDo...ad-101166.html

If you would like to help here is the source code of potential future updated drivers: gles6410 - Project Hosting on Google Code
or donate if you want to see graphics improved even more ;D

Just for fun Angry Brids Spica: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Last edited: