[KERNEL] step by set on how to overclock thanks to googoane

nrage23

Nov 8, 2010
I was wondering what speed everyone is overclocked to. I've been running mine at 998 MHz with no problems. Anyone running stable at faster speeds?

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App
Running @1190mhz fulltime and no issues

Jao36

Dec 30, 2010
Thanks for the replys i might bump it up a bit.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

majael

Nov 5, 2010
the oc kernel is afecting the devices with 2 mpx cameras i suppose, mine isnt working and i have only the front camera

shanksv

Nov 13, 2010
the oc kernel is afecting the devices with 2 mpx cameras i suppose, mine isnt working and i have only the front camera

Having only one camera has nothing to do with the fact that you are over clocking or that it is 2 mpx. There are models of the S7 in other parts of the world with just 1 camera. This kernel happens to be from one of those.

eliotpoon

Mar 29, 2011
Thank you for your work! However, the touch screen doesn't work after flashing the newboot.img. I am using the capacitive touch with 1G cpu version.

Who Dat

Dec 2, 2010
We really need a kernel that is overclocked when needed then idle down to 245 when unit is off. i have not used this kernel,but the stock one hangs out in the 998 range far too long. over 90 % of the time.I know on my EVO its the other way around. Maxed out when i need it, then idled back the rest of the time. Both this unit and my EVO have crappy battery life, but the EVO is manageable at least for 12-15hours now, while the S7 is only a 3-6 hours device.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
My S7 idles over 10 hours+ just fine with the Singapore ROM kernel.

Who Dat

Dec 2, 2010
just updated to it yesterday -- gonna give it some time to see how it works out - -actually using Ivy's reworked rom. So that post was probably a little premature in its posting.