Acer HDMI issue

exmeaguy

Dec 4, 2011
When I connect my A500 via HDMI to my TV it does not work. The TV is a Westinghouse model and it's only 2 or 3 years old. I checked their website and there are no firmware updates. I also used 3 different HDMI cables and still does not work. I also tried using a HDMI to component cable and that did not work either.

I did test the connection to 2 other newer TVs and they both worked.

So, is there anything else left to try? Watching movies on my tablet while working out was the primary reason for buying a tablet, and now I feel like I have to replace a perfectly good TV if I want this to occur.

2000roadie

Aug 12, 2011
Are you able to scroll through the inputs on the TV? On mine (although not a Westinghouse), I have to change the input to the correct slot the tablet is connected too.

StoneKy

Jul 30, 2011
Because I have so many HDMI Devices, I use a 5 PORT HDMI Switch Switcher Selector Splitter Hub + Remote 1080p FOR HDTV this way I don't have to bother with switching Inputs on my TV because everything goes thru the HDMI Port 1. You can get them for under $20.00 on eBay and Amazon.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I agree with 2000Roadie, this is an INPUT settings problem on the TV.

If you normally use HDMI on this TV (cable box, dvd player, etc), temporarily unplug that HDMI source and plug the tablet into that port.

If that works, then go into the TV settings and make sure all the HDMI sources are enabled. You may well need the original remote for
this, and the TV manual doesn't hurt either.

In my TV, we had set up the un-used hdmi ports to "skip" which means they would not accept a signal or show in the list of
inputs. Setting this back made it work fine. We also had the ability to label the inputs so that when selecting a source
it would show the word Tablet.

jpinsl

Dec 3, 2011
On my A500, the HDMI port on the tablet is loose. I have to hold the tablet facing me and gently push backwards on the cable for the connection to work. Try wiggling the connection on the tablet.

mikeyboy88

Jun 19, 2011
Try unplugging the TV power cord, and plug back in after 10 seconds. That may reset the HDMI input on the TV.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

dianehelen

Oct 8, 2011
I had a similar issue with a 3 year old low end tv. apparantly the tablet can only output to and HDMI tv that is 720p or above. Did you get the little green android guy on the screen that said 720? That would indicate the TV is only 480i. OR the TV itself is just not HDMI.