Acer Officially Unveils New Iconia A510 Tab with Tegra 3 & ICS for Only $450

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
iconiatab5101.jpg

Acer just officially announced the availability via pre-order for their new Iconia A510 tablet. The tablet will be available in the U.S. and Canada for the decent price of $449.99. What makes this a good value is that it comes with a quad-core chip and Android 4.0/Ice Cream Sandwich out of the box. Here's a spec breakdown:
  • 10.1-inch screen with a 1280×800 resolution
  • Quad-core NVIDIA Tegra 3 processor
  • 1GB of RAM
  • 32GB of storage
  • Five megapixel camera capable of “HD” video recording (probably 720p)
  • One megapixel camera on the front for video calls
  • 9,800mAh battery - good for up to 12 hours of video playback
  • A microSD card slot for up to 32GB of storage to add
  • Also includes a micro HDMI and microUSB
  • Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich
It's nice to see the powerful device finally come to market. How many of you guys have been anxiously waiting for this one?

Source: AcerTabletForum via SlashGear

Feb 21, 2012
I think the specs are good, and it is not too expensive. I think the device might sell well. But I do not see any 3G, yes? Hmm..

Reese1ar

Jul 6, 2011
Faster processing, HD video, better front camera placement but lower resolution, better battery, but same resolution screen. Not really all that impressed nor worth an upgrade from the 500. Also no full USB and only Bluetooth 2.1? Meh... and internal storage doesn't concern me with an SD card and cloud storage.

Will have to see how much quicker it can perform with quad core vs dual once the 500 gets ICS. And the price will go down quickly. Within months the 500 was down to 399 then pretty steady around 350 after about 6 months. Nice device, but will give it a year or two more with the 500 before looking to upgrade.