Acer's New Iconia A700 Tablet Up for Preorder on Their Website; Shows Out of Stock

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
acer-iconia-a700-preorder.png

Just yesterday we announced the new Acer Iconia A700 high-end tablet that is striving to be a true iPad competitor. We don't know for sure when the new supertab will be available, but it is up for pre-order as of today. You can head over to Acer's website at the source link below to setup a pre-order for just $449.99. Of course, it shows that the tablet is "Out of Stock," but that could simply be because it hasn't shipped to warehouses yet. This powerhouse quad-core behemoth is the first Android tablet with a true 1920 x 1200 HD display, and we can't wait to check it out. What do you guys think?

Source: AcerTabletForum via Acer Store

Last edited:

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
I had it in my cart on Amazon and got all the way to the last step of the checkout process........And I just couldn't do it. I want the Transformer Infinity, darn it! I've already got my cover picked out and everything.

Ermintrude

Jun 13, 2012
We are yet to see ACER pricing for Australia but we know ASUS has priced themselves out of general contention by offering only one $900 configuration for the Infinity. If ACER don't wack their Australian Customers with a big mark-up over the American pricing then this would appear to be the only Android tablet to offer competitive specs/pricing when compared to the IPAD.

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
Yeah...I went ahead and pre-ordered the ACER with keyboard, headphones, stylus, and all the other accessories for less than a Transformer Infinity. :cool:

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
I love my A500.
I'm really keeping an eye on the A700, big time.

What's cool is my birthday is coming up in August, and compared to last year's gift this will seem like small potatoes!
(I bought myself a new Jeep last year. ;) )