Adding Photos to Gallery app in Android 2.2 on a Sylvania tablet

aswise76

Oct 19, 2012
I just purchased the sylvania SYTAB10ST for my kids and i have an SD card installed...I have added pictures to it and plan to add music to it as well - I am new to android so I am not sure were to put these files so they can show up in the gallery app so they can set their own pics for wallpaper, view them etc...I have tried putting the photos in various folders but they do not show up in the gallery app - the only pics in there are the ones that were taken from the camera on the device. I am confused and hoping someone can help to tell me where to put the pics so they show up in gallery app - if someone can tell me also where to put the music files that would help too since I need to do that next
Thanks!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Just between you and me the Gallery app is rubbish. It is supposed to index some of the items from other locations on the tablet but when it does, if it does, it can get confusing at best. My suggestion would be to install QuickPic from the Google Store. You may quickly forget about the Gallery.

aswise76

Oct 19, 2012
Welcome to the forum

Just between you and me the Gallery app is rubbish. It is supposed to index some of the items from other locations on the tablet but when it does, if it does, it can get confusing at best. My suggestion would be to install QuickPic from the Google Store. You may quickly forget about the Gallery.

thanks - but i cant download from google with this tablet its not supported - is there something on Amazon apps that I can get - ive been using that to download apps