Adding Shortcuts to Home Screen in KitKat 4.4

Music

Feb 5, 2011
So now you can't add shortcuts to call someone or to navigate to a address in the usual way by long-tapping the home screen. Long-tapping the home scree will only allow you to change the wallpaper :(

You ca put a shortcut to a 'contact' (which is now called the People app)but that only pets an icon that wil pop up some contact profile information (photo, email, address, phone number(s)) which you can swipe, and tap to activate (tap the address to launch the navigation app, or tap the email/phone number to launch the email app or dial.)

There may be a way to make shortcuts to other things like playlists in the usual way pre-Android 4, but I haven't been able to do those yet in the new OS.

BTW-
Is there a comprehensive guide to Android 4.4 somewhere? Or even Android 4.3?

Last edited:

Music

Feb 5, 2011
Thanks, Spider. I looked through what's there, and there's nothing so significant to have a copy for yourself. Most of the information there is in the Quick-Start Guide, or easily searchable on the Internet. If you need to know something so technical you can't find it easily, you need to join androidtablets.net :D

Music

Feb 5, 2011
After reading the online user guide (post #2) I found out that you can also slide individual notifications out of the notifications list. Slide them to the right, in either orientation.