After reset, Novo Spark is full of Chinese apps: How to remove?

Cliph

Apr 20, 2013
I reset my new Ainol Novo Spark to factory settings, everything was in Chinese. I found the way to reset the language, but I now have a bunch of new Asian looking apps that I don't understand. Can I safely remove them? How do I remove them. Do I have to leave some?

D

Dawnstar

I reset my new Ainol Novo Spark to factory settings, everything was in Chinese. I found the way to reset the language, but I now have a bunch of new Asian looking apps that I don't understand. Can I safely remove them? How do I remove them. Do I have to leave some?

Doing a factory reset don't fix all your problems as many people think, All it does is it puts all Chinese apps back on then you have to Reflash it to solve all your problems again. Here is one way you can try .;)

How to Flash
Below are the steps to do flash an Apad ROM.

1. Download firmware and unpack.

2. Copy the folder know as script to your TF card.

3. Power down the device.

4. Slot in the TF Card and power on the device.

5. The screen will start and it show updating the Android OS.

6. Wait until the process complete. It will ask you to remove the TFcard.

7. Remove the TF card and the device will power off automatically.

8. Use your computer to delete the script folder inside the TF card.

9. Power back the Apad. You are done :).

Where to obtain the firmware? Please refer to the manufacturer. Pleaseuse the proper firmware, which if a wrong firmware, it might damage yourdevice.

Try this at your own risk. I will not be responsible for any damagethat causing by above step.
But I can't guarantee it work for all tablets

Last edited by a moderator:

Cliph

Apr 20, 2013
Thanks. I assume the "TF" card is the micro SD card. I just bought this device and received it on 16 April. I think I may return it to the vendor, rather than attempt to install firmware. The reason I did the reset was to remove the "Unfortunately the android.media.process has stopped working." I did get rid of that, but since I queried this forum with this question, the "Unfotunately the android.acore.process hass stopped working."

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
By all means return it without flashing any new firmware. Flashing the tablet may void your warranty and then you'll be stuck with it.