Always on

troppo

Mar 31, 2012
G`day guys
I`ve got an a200 that i want to install into top of my dashboard for a HUD, my question is how can i make it so the screen is always on when the ignition is on but off/sleeping when the ignition is off.
Where i want to mount it will make it very difficult to reach any buttons to turn it on and off.
I`m no electronics genius so the simpler the explaination the better lol.
Cheers guys
Troppo

Sorry about the double post but i cant work out how to delete one, sorry

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I took care of the other thread for you.

I'm not sure you will get exactly what you want. If it's on a charger while in the car there are some always keep the screen on settings then you could tap the power button to put it to sleep. When you apply power again most tablets will wake up. I don't think fully automatic will be an option. That option assume you have it plugged into a lighter socket that isn't always powered.

troppo

Mar 31, 2012
I took care of the other thread for you.

I'm not sure you will get exactly what you want. If it's on a charger while in the car there are some always keep the screen on settings then you could tap the power button to put it to sleep. When you apply power again most tablets will wake up. I don't think fully automatic will be an option. That option assume you have it plugged into a lighter socket that isn't always powered.

Thanks for that leeshor, i can wire an ignition on/off wire easily enough but i think i get what your saying about the off problem.
Cheers
Troppo