Android 2.1 or Android 2.2 ???

tangjie01

Aug 31, 2010
Sister admitted to college. I want to give her a gift. But here are two Android, I am hesitant.
Android 2.1 ?
or
Android 2.2 ?
:confused:

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Sister admitted to college. I want to give her a gift. But here are two Android, I am hesitant.
Android 2.1 ?
or
Android 2.2 ?
:confused:
No offense, but if you love your sister, don't buy her a low-end "LOOK-I'm-just-like-an-iPad!" import. There is also a VERY GOOD chance the imports you are looking at do not have legal copies of Android installed (like the Augen) which means either they have to provide their own not-so-impressive version of an App market, or you'll have to hack it yourself for your sister.

Wait until November, and buy her a 10" tablet with Android 2.2 from a well-known company...Asus (my favorite), Toshiba, HP. Even Acer or MSI. You'll end up spending $400 and be glad you got something with real customer service and firmware updates behind it.

And if you want her to have a gift she'll appreciate and get all those jealous stares for, wait a little longer and buy her a tablet with Android 3.0.

By the way, Android 2.2 is the much better user experience. Besides Flash and several other nice upgrades (e.g., photo gallery, home screen options, etc.) probably the biggest advantage is the Dalvik JIT (Just in Time) compliler, which--at least on the Droid1--increases CPU performance by THREE times.

-Matt

Last edited:

iamdestruktor

Aug 31, 2010
The 2.2 device is a much better device (Wits A81 on some sites). It's one of the best out there in fact. And that price is kinda high, you could probably get it $50 or $60 cheaper if you search around on other sites.

meanleekim

Sep 25, 2010
id go for 2.2. they have more features. i got this from wikipedia,

Changes included:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_(operating_system)#cite_note-froyo-highlights-45

xD

tangjie01

Aug 31, 2010
Ok,I am looking forward to 3.0, but I have to buy one, I believe you, I'm going to buy Android 2.2, ah~~~