Android marketplace apps not showing on Nook

gjh

Aug 26, 2011
I have a nook that has not been rooted. Its version is 1.2.0 (I updated it wen the new version came). Im not tech savvy so I hvnt rooted it, coz I dont know wat to do if it screws up. Anyways I downloaded apps like CNBC n Bloomberg from Google Android market apps. I was signed into my google acct when I did this n it shows that the apps installed in My Marketplace. But wen I go to apps on the nook it does not list them. I restarted the Nook after installing the apps but yet it doesnt show. Am I supposed to go elsewhere on the Nook to access them?

patruns

Jun 4, 2011
The Nook Color does not come with access to the Android Market so you will never see them. You have to root the stock ROM or install a custom ROM in order to gain access to the market. Stock, you can only access the B&N market.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011

gjh

Aug 26, 2011
Hi JP,Thx for the info..now I know why the apps dint load. I checked out ur link n it very well could hv been in Latin. Dint understand much but willing to give it a try. At the cost of sounding dumb, where do I get the files from that I need to copy to the sd card?ThxxGjh
Hi gjh, like patruns said, you do not have access to the Android Market with a stock Nook. Check out this thread for info on how to create a bootable SD card that leaves your stock Nook alone but when you insert the card and boot up you boot into a custom ROM with full tablet functionality including Android and Amazon Markets.http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook-color-technical/13156-how-cm7-bootable-sd.htmlJP

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
The links to all of the files are in the tutorial (the first two links). You don't really have to understand what is happening, just read through the turtorial until you know each step. Then once you have it nearly memorized just follow it exactly. The steps will make sense as you walk through them and see them on the PC or Nook.

Worst case is you bunlge up your SD card. Fortunately the stock Nook has a great auto format, so just insert the card into your regularly booted nook, go into settings>SD card>unmount and format and it will be good as new for you to try the process again.

gjh

Aug 26, 2011
Thxxx..will try it out this week n update you. Anything else I should do after I root it? And is this the best way to root the nook?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Anything else I should do after I root it?

After completing the steps in the tutorial, just place the SD card into your Nook, boot the Nook and enjoy.

And is this the best way to root the nook?

It's the safest way, because you're not really rooting the Nook. You're creating a rooted system on the SD card that you can load into the Nook and run. As J5150P said, "Worst case is you bunlge up your SD card." When the SD card is removed, you still have a stock Nook and your warranty is still good.