Android Tablet Sleep Mode Issue

emmanramos

Jan 9, 2013
Hi guys!

I recently bought 7" WM8850-mid tablet, I got no problem with this tablet aside from putting the tab on sleep mode.

after pressing the sleep/power button the tab goes into sleep but in a few seconds, it turns on automatically.

I got this unit brandnew and it has this issue before I install some apps.

I want to know the culprit that cause this issue but BetterBatteryStats app is not compatible with this device.

the temporary solution I got is the CPUwake app, but it can only turn the screen off and the system is still on wake mode and running @ 1.2ghz which drains the battery fast.

unit specs:

WM8850 1.2ghz / 512ram / 8gb storage / Kernel 3.0.8 / ICS 4.0.3

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
If you didn't have ANY apps installed and it was doi8ng that and not plugged into a charger I would exchange it.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
sad thing, I bought it on a bazaar sale, and they're now no where to be found.

Don't know if you can locate it with a Google search but the manufacturer may repair it if it isn't out of warranty. Sorry to here about the circumstances of your purchase.

Michel02

Dec 29, 2012
Hi Emmanramos,

No panic, help is on the way...I got the same problem on the same tablet!
The power button worked fine until my brother in law played with it while I was cooking the Christmas turkey.
Every time I touched the power button, the damned thing rebooted.
I did reset to factory defaults twice, still the same problem.

Then a couple of days ago, when I got a warning that power was getting low down to less than 15%, I let the tablet bleed down (sleep after 10 minutes) and eventually some white stripes came on the screen and it turned off.
After that I charged the tablet to 100% and suddenly the power button worked again to let the tablet sleep/wake-up, whow!!!
I think that letting it bleed cleared all parameters in RAM including the use of the power button. When it started again, default parameters where charged from flash putting it back on the rails again.

So in fact what I did was applying what doctors did in the Middle Ages, if you were seriously ill, they led bleed your arm to let the illness go away. Complete nonsense, unless it's a tablet, haha!

Please let me now if you could solve it!

Grx,

Michel, Belgium - Yes, the country of TomorrowLand...