Anti virus?

spexwood

May 11, 2011
My opinion is that an AV program is only needed if you install apk files from non-market sources. Otherwise, you are 99% safe due to Market rules and policies protecting users from people posting harmful apps.

Other than apks, anything dedigned to hurt Windows can't hurt Android because of system differences. Basically, those nasties can't run on Android.

I don't run any AV programs and have never had any issues with malware or viruses over the past few years of using Android. To everyone their own though. You can do whatever you want to your tablet since it is your property. Some people just feel safe thinking that they have that extra protection.

As for Icebike, you just gotta learn to get past his snappy personality. He is not too tolerant of people posting the same questions over and over again, as well as those who can't do simple Google searches. Other than that though, the dude is pretty smart and knows his stuff about computers. ;-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Android Tablet Forum

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hopefully it is not against forum policy to post links to posts on other forums?

In this context, not a problem. I liked the section on permissions and would recommend that to anyone downloading apps out there.

Short Form of Forum Rule #3 - Please remember The Golden Rule: Treat others as you wish to be treated !

antonymark

Apr 20, 2013
I m using Appriva cloud antivirus its working great for me you should give it a try too its free to download on google play store but if u download stuff only from google play store or trusted parties you dont need antivirus but most of people get viruses when they download stuff from third parties or randomly clicking on links

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
I m using Appriva cloud antivirus its working great for me you should give it a try too its free to download on google play store but if u download stuff only from google play store or trusted parties you dont need antivirus but most of people get viruses when they download stuff from third parties or randomly clicking on links

Why cause your tablet grief? Just stop downloading completely because that is the only sure way you'll never get a virus. Icebike is right here on this issue. Learning something about the ANDROID OS is something you should do before having an antivirus. Android Magazine agrees with Icebike, and with me on this issue. In fact their article on this issue is very informative to the layman. My tablet is 2 years old and has never had a virus. So you can all run-around in your straight jackets - it makes no diffs to me.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Wow, I never even knew there was an Android Magazine! Digital, no doubt.

mxWanderer

Apr 12, 2013
haha for a while i was looking for an antivirus but tbh is not necessary in tablets 'yet'.
i think it will only use your memory and space in you sd.

if someone gets a virus well... what kind of sites are you visiting people ;)

Last edited:

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Wow, I never even knew there was an Android Magazine! Digital, no doubt.

It is an UK Publication which costs me AU$10-00 and I buy it every month. The latest issue that I have #21. I put up a photo of it if you like?

I've had the mag since issue #1. You may be able to get the publication digitally - mine's hardcopy mag.

Attachments

• $IMG_20130424_203542.jpg
    $IMG_20130424_203542.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 352
Last edited:

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
There is a soecial deal for you guys in the USA where you will receive 4 issues free for and annual sub of £75 pound sterling (13 issues in a year). This probably includes shipping. Go to Magazine Subscriptions from Imagine Publishing and enter the code USA. Looking at the fine print - offer expires 31 may 2013. ( sorry we do our dates different to you).

Will even explain how root the tablet! Not a bad mag at all. +1 from me.