Anyone know how to delete fring permanently from the GenTouch 78?

karnor

Mar 21, 2011
I've installed a app killer but fring keeps popping up. I want to get rid of it permanently.

bmszabo

Aug 12, 2010
Root (z4root worked fine for me), than remove fring (and any other system app) you don't like.

karnor

Mar 21, 2011
Thanks for the input. Any links to a fool-proof, "for dummies" guide to z4root? I've read tons of pages on it, but I have to have something pretty straightforward, such as "do this first, then install this..." I apparently have the original GenTouch (bought it from 1SaleaDay last month) - it had the calibration app on it, but it didn't really work. I have installed the patch 3 so calibrate, screen brightness, etc. work now.

husker_fan

Apr 5, 2011
Just go to the market that came on your gentouch and download z4root. If I remember correctly there were two so you might have to download both. The one you want has a "permanent root" option. After your rooted, google "freewarelovers android" and go to the website. Then search for titanium backup and download it. That program allows you to delete whatever you want. I used it to delete msn and fring. Just don't delete anything too important because it will.

spinach.chin

Dec 9, 2010
Hmm... I tried to force uninstall Fring through the Titanium Backup program, but all it seemed to do was perform a factory reset on my device :(

Any clue what went wrong?