Anyone Using Miracast Compatible Dongles?

TickledBlue

Oct 10, 2013
Hi All,

I bought an iPazzPort_Cast dongle for 25-bucks. I followed the onscreen instructions and get it to connect to my PC and I can see pics and video files from the PC on my TV, but neither mode (DLNA/Miracast) will work with the HD7.

I have not found a Miracast app in the Play store but there is an app in the "All" section of "Settings" called "ASUS Miracast Dongle Tool" which is only for the ASUS dongle for 100-bucks!! There is no way to launch it so I suspect it only activates when the ASUS dongle is plugged into the TV.

Any suggestions on cranking up this cheap casting dongle with the HD7?

I have tried EZICast but it doesn't find the iPazzport.

I have also tried iMediaShare but is only for DLNA and very limited on what will cast.

Thanks

TickledBlue

Oct 10, 2013
Once again, answering my own threads. I found an app for the HD7, FLIPPS that works kind of.

It tosses plenty of errors but if you just try again, most times it will cast the video. Now, one problem with FLIPPS is that it seems impossible to stop the casting once something is running on the TV and iPazzPort.

Next and MOST importantly, make a back up of your entire PC system before trying FLIPPS and/or iPazzPort as I am currently rebuildling an image from yssterday's full system back up as either FLIPPS or iPazzPort trashed the system boot sectors on my PC !!

Fortunately, like all of us here ( huh?? ) I have an automated full system back up done daily when I am finished messing with the PC for the day. You DO have daily backups don't you???

Pssst3

Sep 28, 2014
Hi All,

I bought an iPazzPort_Cast dongle for 25-bucks. I followed the onscreen instructions and get it to connect to my PC and I can see pics and video files from the PC on my TV, but neither mode (DLNA/Miracast) will work with the HD7.

I have not found a Miracast app in the Play store but there is an app in the "All" section of "Settings" called "ASUS Miracast Dongle Tool" which is only for the ASUS dongle for 100-bucks!! There is no way to launch it so I suspect it only activates when the ASUS dongle is plugged into the TV.

Any suggestions on cranking up this cheap casting dongle with the HD7?

I have tried EZICast but it doesn't find the iPazzport.

I have also tried iMediaShare but is only for DLNA and very limited on what will cast.

Thanks
For just screen mirroring you don't need an app. Connection is very siilar to Bluetooth. Just activate Display Mirroring or Play To.

The app in the Google Play store for Miracast is callled EZCast. From the group that devlepoed the chipsets for the dongles, they also have versions for PC and iOS. www.iezvu.com

Jeffrey

Super Moderator
Jul 27, 2014
My assumption is you want to stream from your tablet or PC to your TV. If you are able to return the dongle, you may want to consider a Chromecast. They are available on ebay for $32.00.