APAD w/ Android 2.1 Telechips TCC8902 (Pandawill G10, Wiipad Slim Plus, Haipad M701)

ywk69

Aug 18, 2010
I just flashed the 9-30 FW onto my M701. The procedure is rather different from previously so do read the instructions before proceeding. IMO, the new firmware is much better with a dedicated "home" icon in the status bar, a more responsive touchscreen, default English language and absence of some "redundant" pre-installed apps. According to the update instructions, it is important that you record down your MAC address BEFOREHAND and input it as described in the update procedure. (Hit "menu" in the wifi settings page of your device for your MAC address.) One reason why many people have encountered non-functioning Marketplace is that many are using the SAME sample MAC address listed in the instructions.

Good luck.

apadjet13

Aug 20, 2010
I reflashed the 09/30 #133 to my M701 2x mini usb no hdmi tablet.
the battery life is still not much better only slightly improved. i do believe that the system battery meter software is to blame and that because it is inaccurate it causes the system to shut down prematurely.
the system takes much longer to boot and my custom boot animation now loops itself repatedly and also flashes with an intermittent white box untill it finally boots to the home screen.
i have found that the file system is also different somehow because of having to mount the system to a readable state so it can be rooted, Also some programs that store files and retrieve files to and from the sd card, when reinstalled are defaulting to the internal nand storage. instead of the sd card. examples are my backup pro, titanium backup and also laputa reader and aldiko to name a few, and i have not been able to restore backups or import books. Programs that are able to manually search for files like rockplayer and es file explorer are fine to access the sd card but others are not.
oh well back to #333 untill the next update.:(

Last edited:

Triskite

Sep 22, 2010
here is a short review I just made:

I got adb working with this firmware and seem to have mounted the system partition for r/w... the su command worked so perhaps it is already rooted? I will test more and put out another video with an update

Last edited by a moderator:

freeder

Aug 20, 2010
I reflashed the 09/30 #133 to my M701 2x mini usb no hdmi tablet.
the battery life is still not much better only slightly improved. i do believe that the system battery meter software is to blame and that because it is inaccurate it causes the system to shut down prematurely.
the system takes much longer to boot and my custom boot animation now loops itself repatedly and also flashes with an intermittent white box untill it finally boots to the home screen.
i have found that the file system is also different somehow because of having to mount the system to a readable state so it can be rooted, Also some programs that store files and retrieve files to and from the sd card, when reinstalled are defaulting to the internal nand storage. instead of the sd card. examples are my backup pro, titanium backup and also laputa reader and aldiko to name a few, and i have not been able to restore backups or import books. Programs that are able to manually search for files like rockplayer and es file explorer are fine to access the sd card but others are not.
oh well back to #333 untill the next update.:(

Apadjet13: where did you find the #333 firmware. can't seem able to google it. Can you help to upload it somewhere? Thanks

gen_sis

Oct 1, 2010
I have a new HaiPad M701 running firmawre 320. I found this thread:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...0-wiipad-slim-plus-hipad-m701-8.html#post5360

which provides links to 3 different firmware updates. It took me a bit ti figure out the download on haipad.net because I don't read chinese, but eventually I figured out what to download. I have 330, 333, and 370 and was getting ready to update it. However, I don't want to brick it, so...

Has anyone updated to 370 successfully using the FDWN_V7 utility, if so, are there any warnings or gotchas I should be worried about?

Has anyone noticed any performance increases, or unexpected bugs?

If anyone else is unable to find the 333 and 370 firmware updates on the haipad.net site, I can make them available for download on my website. Just let me know.

Again, I haven't attempted it yet, I'm just wondering about anyone else's experience before I begin.

Hi can you help provide me where i can get these firmwares, thanks.

apadjet13

Aug 20, 2010
All the links to all of the versions of the firmware are on page 8 of this thread and as far as i know all the links are still live

ps has anyone else had similar experiences to me on the #133 09-30 firmware?

freeder

Aug 20, 2010
All the links to all of the versions of the firmware are on page 8 of this thread and as far as i know all the links are still live

ps has anyone else had similar experiences to me on the #133 09-30 firmware?

Hi.... I have already check out page 8 earlier on the listing... sadly #333 is not available for download.

By the way the #133 have been working fine for me. I don't ave much time to toy with it yet. But on and off I do find that "Force Close" is more frequent. Lack of stability it would seem.

Sent from my MID using Tapatalk

mosaix

Oct 5, 2010
Did anyone try to make network shares mounting working?
I am trying to find cifs.ko module for TCC8902 (pandawill g10) and so far have no luck. I have 9/18 firmware flashed.
Could those of you who have updated to 9/30 check if it has cifs.ko by any chance (I really doubt that though)? It's supposed to be in /system/lib/modules/.

The final goal is to be able to play video from network shares, so if any of you knows some workaround to do it without mounting shares - i would really appreciate the tip!

emveepee

Sep 18, 2010
Did anyone try to make network shares mounting working?
I am trying to find cifs.ko module for TCC8902 (pandawill g10) and so far have no luck. I have 9/18 firmware flashed.
Could those of you who have updated to 9/30 check if it has cifs.ko by any chance (I really doubt that though)? It's supposed to be in /system/lib/modules/.

The final goal is to be able to play video from network shares, so if any of you knows some workaround to do it without mounting shares - i would really appreciate the tip!

I have been trying to hunt it down but haven't found it either. It is not in 0929. Our best bet is trying to find someone with a HDX-BONE. It's not a tablet but is Telechips 89xx based and it has cifs.ko and nfs.ko in the base firmware, which I expect needs to be decrypted to FWDN format. I hoping someone with one of these devices can provide more info, the files are available when the HDX-Bone is in an Android session. I am not sure video from a share is even possible. With http I can play music, but the OpenCore software wants to save the stream instead. I haven't tried UPnP yet.

mosaix

Oct 5, 2010
I have been trying to hunt it down but haven't found it either. It is not in 0929. Our best bet is trying to find someone with a HDX-BONE.

As far as I understand, cifs module should not depend on a specific chip/hardware as long as instruction set matches. So I think any ARM11-based device would do, not necessarily TC89xx. Any idea, Samsung Spica may be?
Or am I wrong?

Flyingtom

Sep 21, 2010
The A81 is a different machine, i would not try to flash that rom to a m701, you will end up with a bricked machine, internal the 2 machines are different... So trying to flash that rom is a definatly Nogo for me!
I think we all have to be patient and wait for the engeneers of Haipad to make a Froyo-rom for the m701.