APAD w/ Android 2.1 Telechips TCC8902 (Pandawill G10, Wiipad Slim Plus, Haipad M701)

ropodope

Aug 29, 2010
hey guys just wanted to share this with you. telechips is hearing us. they responded to me to today in an email and it states the following:

FW:Linux Kernel Source Code

Dear Chris

Thank you for your interest in Telechips and sorry for the late reply.
Please refer to the below answer to your email.
Telechips is a fabless company, not a set maker.
Telechips releases only reference codes to our set maker.
We guess you are interested in the source codes at the final product level produced by our set maker.
Therefore, regarding your email, we already requested our set makers (mostly Chinese companies) to open the concerned source codes according to GPL policy.
However, we also haven't got any reply from them yet and that's why the answer to your email is a bit late and we are still waiting for the answer from them.
In the case that there would continuously be no reply from our set maker,
we are willing to open the concerned reference code if you want us to do so.
However, it will take some time since we need to build up the server and concerned process.
For any concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Thanks a lot.
Best Regards,
JM

JM Lee

i think we are getting somewhere with this.

giggetto

Oct 6, 2010
hello,
i had the same problem, and i think you just have to rename the folders that contains your files thus the path to your files will be legible for FWDN.

EQuivalent

Oct 7, 2010
Can anyone share a touch screen calibration tool?

The new 2.2 firmware works great, but touchscreen is off-axis

zittergie

Oct 10, 2010
Damn, I am still waiting for my tablet to arrive. It is now at customs, so I hope I get it in a few days, so I can play along :)

ropodope

Aug 29, 2010
sounds good to me! i can't wait to see the results in whichever case works out for us. great job with all of this man.