APAD w/ Android 2.1 Telechips TCC8902 (Pandawill G10, Wiipad Slim Plus, Haipad M701)

z4a007

Feb 26, 2011
i got one for christmas and i have to say, i absolutely love it! I rooted it with z4root and installed a ported version of cyanogen on it. Its a very nice device!

Sorry for asking a dumb question.

I'm a newbie and googled a lot for an howto for doing exactely what you did with no luck

May you please point me in the right direction?

I' ve flashed the latest official rom but I'd like to try Cyanogen

Thank you and best regards

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

justinepeter

Feb 28, 2011
New APAD w/ Android 2.1, which is based on Telechip TCC8902 at 720Mhz, the same CPU that powered the SmartQ devices. The New APad will be have the exact slick design as the previous Apad (Moonse E-7001) only with much more power.

hopeless

Mar 2, 2011
Hello,
I was doing reflashing of my device but did something wrong and my Windows XP seems to lost a correct driver for my device. Now when I try to flash it, Windows finds "Android Eclair" unknown device and FWDN V7 tool does not shows load screen and does not start properly. Driver uninstall/reinstall does not help, manual removal of wrong driver from device manager also does not help. What can I possible do to make it work again?

Hi. I'm facing the same problem too. Did you managed to resolved this?

alexf2000

Oct 14, 2010
Hi. I'm facing the same problem too. Did you managed to resolved this?

Yes, but I can not remember. It could be related to wrong hardware ID of device. In this case, find hardware ID of "eclair" device in driver properties. Then edit inf file of android driver from the SDK (not chinese driver for the chip) so that it "support" this hardware ID. Reinstall android driver. Reinstall chip driver. Run FWDN. But maybe this was not the case try pressing 3 buttons instead of two when turning device on for reflashing with cable connected.

gobbledygook

Mar 16, 2011
I have contacted Haipad directly and was told, that M701/M701-R models has build-in bluetooth support. Could you approve that this is true. I have searched and never found info that M701 has bluetooth build-in. Maybe it's newer hardware revision?

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
Hi,
To my knowledge there are the old aPads with 2GB NAND flash that do not have Bluetooth
and the newer 4GB models that have 'optional' bluetooth so some few might have bluetooth.
Also there is a bluetooth stack inside the firmware but i was not able to connect any BT stick to my 2GB m701.

gobbledygook

Mar 16, 2011
Hi,
To my knowledge there are the old aPads with 2GB NAND flash that do not have Bluetooth
and the newer 4GB models that have 'optional' bluetooth so some few might have bluetooth.
Also there is a bluetooth stack inside the firmware but i was not able to connect any BT stick to my 2GB m701.

Maybe you know other aPad that cat support external bluetooth module? I am looking right now for any tablet 100-200 USD that support "cellular phone tethering" with build-in or external bluetooth.

coldbeard

Mar 31, 2011
i just received my haipad
with these specs:
Model Haipad M701 CPU Telechip Tcc8902, 800MHz Operation System Android 2.1 RAM 256MB ROM(Memory) 2GB

the firmware now : MID, 2.1-update1, kernel 2.6.29 root@localhost#154, Build number MID 1.1

can i upgrade to a newer version?
and which is the best for now?

Thanks !

Regards B.

Jiri.Sko

Feb 25, 2011
Hi all! I have problem with unstable WiFi on my M701 HY (fw #186). If I pinging default gateway through USB from PC, it's all OK and wifi keep connection. But if I don't ping from PC, after some time wifi connection on tablet failed and I have to reset wifi adapter (sometimes several times). Have anybody similar trouble? Is any solution?

zittergie

Oct 10, 2010
@ coldbeard: I took the official firmware (the firmware now : MID, 2.1-update1, kernel 2.6.29 cbsdada@localhost#142, Build number MID 1.1 fro; file: "20101022_小字体——haipad.rar") and rooted the device. Added the New Mali Driver/Library. Installed VM Heap Tool and changed the Heap to 32m.
I have also installed LauncherPro, its the best home replacement I found.
And I am very happy with it. The only thing that sometimes bothers me is that you get "Process xxxxxxx is not responding" messages, but you can just cancel them and everything works fine.

I would really like to know the difference with your #154

JiePieWie

Mar 29, 2011
i just received my haipad with these specs:
Model Haipad M701 CPU Telechip Tcc8902, 800MHz Operation System Android 2.1 RAM 256MB ROM(Memory) 2GB
the firmware now : MID, 2.1-update1, kernel 2.6.29 root@localhost#154, Build number MID 1.1
Did you buy it at Pandwill ? AFAIK this isn't a 'real' Haipad and not possible to use the firmware's from Haipad itself. I've got the same and have asked Pandawill for more info if we can get any upgrades for this tablet. On the other hand, if anybody has had any success with upgrading please let me/us know ;)

coldbeard

Mar 31, 2011
Hello Guys!

I did buy it from pandawill.

And i already upgrade it to #181 from the official site Haipad.net and its just working fine! much better than my old software. Filename:20101116

But the firmware: #186 is not working from the haipad site

JiePieWie

Mar 29, 2011
And i already upgrade it to #181 from the official site Haipad.net and its just working fine! much better than my old software. Filename:20101116

But the firmware: #186 is not working from the haipad site
Ok. I just downloaded the firmware you mentioned. Is it "HAIPAD M701 firmware 11,16" ? Is that #181 ? And how is it much better ?