App Stores Problems

TaekwonBo

Nov 20, 2012
In attempts to download apps via GetJar I get redirected to login to the soc.io app client. However, every time I log into the Soc.io app on the tablet I get an invalid email and password. My login works on the website just not on the tablet. I then log in to the soc.io website and visit the FAQ and it says the following

"The Soc.io Mall Client is supported on Android 1.6 and all higher 1.x versions, as well as on all 2.x versions.

Currently, the Soc.io Mall Client is not supported on Android 3.x and 4.x. However, this is coming very soon too."

So is everyone else having the same issues using both soc.io and GetJar ? What alternatives are you using beside the Amazon App Store

zaivala

Nov 9, 2012
I don't have that problem with GetJar but do have it when I try to log in directly to soc.io.. and I DO have an account with them and know my password. Guess I need to ,et them know it's more than just me.

oreo

Nov 24, 2012
could it be a cookie problem or a shared info problem? i had
the same issues and it was b/c i didnt have info sharing on.
just a guess on my part.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Saw the cookies comment and this popped into my head:

DeleteCookies.JPEG

Humor over, back to your regularly scheduled program.

I have used the GetJar app on my tablet running 3.X, as well as 4.0.4 and 4.1.2 with zero issues. Have not tried it with the web browser though.

zaivala

Nov 9, 2012
I started having this problem last night, and today the Amazon App Store did an update... and stopped working.

As already posted, I tried to reset the Zeki and now have a tablet that won't finish booting.

TaekwonBo

Nov 20, 2012
FYI - after contacting Soc.io about log-in problems via the app, they acknowledged issues with Zeki tablets running soc.io mall. They have been in contact with Zeki and are waiting for their reply. They think Zeki has an old version installed and provided me with a link to a new version (http://mall.soc.io/download/SocioMall) however it fails when trying to install. any input?

zaivala

Nov 9, 2012
OK, I wrote Soc.io and got the following response.

Hello ,

We are sorry for the inconvenience that you have experienced. Unfortunately, some tablets from Zeki have problems running Soc.io Mall currently. We are aware of this problem since few customers have already reported it in the last week or so. We also contacted Zeki and are awaiting for their reply so we can fix this issue.

Best regards,
Tina.

zaivala

Nov 9, 2012
We're you updating a specific app or were you updating the Amazon App Store?

I have confirmed with Amazon that their appstore version 2.6 is the latest one which will work with a Zeki tablet. If you upgrade to a newer version, you will need to uninstall it andgo to amazon.com in your browser, get into chat with a tech, and have him give you the link to download the 2.6 apk.