Editor in Chief
- Jan 5, 2011
About a week ago we reminded you guys that the 100 Year war between Apple and Samsung was still going on. This phase of the fight is the damages retrial. It just concluded and the resulting verdict came down in Apple's favor again to the tune of $290 Million. This means the total damages that Samsung will owe Apple have skyrocketed back up to around $900 Million.
- The original damage award was $1+Billion dollars.
- Judge Koh later found that some of the damage numbers were erroneously calculated by the jury.
- She reduced the award by about $450 Million, resulting in an award of about $600+ Million.
- This new damages retrial started up about a week ago. Apple was asking for another $380 Million, but Samsung argued it only owed an additional $52 Million.
- This trial now concluded and the Jury awarded Apple an additional $290 Million.