Apps that work on the Big Lots 7" Novel

Cerastez

Nov 26, 2011
Last edited:

Cerastez

Nov 26, 2011
The black 7" Pandigital Novel model # RR7T20WBL1 (look at the white sticker on the side in microscopic print), which runs Android 1.5. I understand that QVC is selling a model that is essentially the same and these apps should work on it too.

YouTube YouTube App APK for PocketBook IQ, Pandigital Novel | The eBook Reader Blog - eReader and Tablet Reviews and News
Play YouTube videos

Hexagon v1.6.1 Hexagon | SlideME
Fun game where you shoot colored hexagons

radioBee v1.9.10 radioBee | SlideME
Listen to shoutcast radio stations over the internet

AnkiDroid v0.7 http://slideme.org/application/ankidroid
learn flashcards

Bebbled v2.14 http://slideme.org/application/bebbled
jawbreaker / bubble breaker game

Klondike v2.16 http://slideme.org/application/klondike
Klondike Solitaire

Laputa v3.0.5 Laputa | SlideME
An eBook reader a
pp

My paints v1.1 My paints | SlideME
Painting app

Note Everything v4.1.0 Note Everything | SlideME
Type or handwrite notes

Opera Mini v5.1.1 Opera Mini | SlideME
Fantastic internet browser, better than the pre installed one

SolitaireGame v4.5 SolitaireGame | SlideME
Card game

Zum Zum v1.33.10 Zum Zum | SlideME
Game

Last edited:

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Nothing wrong with having a list here of what worked on your machine here Cerastez, don't be discouraged by that other thread. ;) If anything it's encouraging so you can see what others used that worked and try out for yourself. How do you like your PDN so far?

Cerastez

Nov 26, 2011
Thank you, I do really like my Novel. I think of it as an ebook reader and the fact that it can play a few games and check my facebook is all gravy. I have been checking the apps listed on that link, and not all of them work on my model. I have added a few more apps, so the list grows....

AndWeather! v1.0.0
4 day weather forecast

AnkiDroid v0.7
learn flashcards

Convert Anything v1.5
universal Conversion Tool

Dolphin Browser v3.1.1
Internet browser

Laputa v3.0.5
An eBook reader app

Meridian v0.2.0
Video/Music player

My paints v1.1
Painting app

Note Everything v4.1.0
Type or handwrite notes

Opera Mini v5.1.1

RadioBee v1.9.10

YouTube App
Play YouTube videos

Algadon v1.03
medieval/fantasy RPG

Bebbled v2.14

chromatron2 v1.1
laser-light-mirror reflecting game

Hamster Climb v0.6.2
jumping hamster game

Hexagon v1.6.1

Klondike v2.16
Klondike Solitaire

Mob Killer v1.2
shooting game

Peggy v1.0.3
peg game

Quest!: Swords And Spells v1.9
Fantasy Dungeon Crawler RPG

Ricochet v2.1
game

SolitaireGame v4.5
Card game

Zum Zum v1.33.10
Game

Cerastez

Nov 26, 2011
Yeah!! I was able to watch flash video. I am not thrilled with using skyfire, it is buggy and crashes allot, but it is the only option that I have found to play flash video. I went to Comedy Central and watched a Cobert Report. I would suggest finding the page with the video that you want to play and bookmarking it. Odds are skyfire will crash a few times before you get it going. Hulu does not work, but I have heard it doesn't work on any mobile device.

Skyfire 2.3.0 scroll to the bottom of the page and be sure to install version 2.3.0

Also added a few more apps to the list.

AndWeather! v1.0.0
4 day weather forecast

AnkiDroid v0.7
learn flashcards

ASTRO File Manager 2.5.2
File manager with some nice extras

Convert Anything v1.5
universal Conversion Tool

Dolphin Browser v3.1.1
Internet browser

Laputa v3.0.5
An eBook reader app

Meridian v0.2.0
Video/Music player

My paints v1.1
Painting app

MyPOD
v0.995.25

Nice podcast player

Note Everything v4.1.0
Type or handwrite notes

Opera Mini v5.1.1

OverDrive Media Console
Check audiobooks out from you local library

PlaysVideo
v1.1.3

video player

RadioBee v1.9.10 This app worked for awhile and then stopped

Skyfire 2.3.0
Play flash video, buggy and difficult to use

TuneIn Radio 1.5
internet radio player. install version 1.5

YouTube App
Play YouTube videos

Algadon v1.03
medieval/fantasy RPG

Bebbled v2.14

chromatron2 v1.1
laser-light-mirror reflecting game

Hamster Climb v0.6.2
jumping hamster game

Hexagon v1.6.1

Klondike v2.16
Klondike Solitaire

Mob Killer v1.2
shooting game

Peggy v1.0.3
peg game

Quest!: Swords And Spells v1.9
Fantasy Dungeon Crawler RPG

Ricochet v2.1
game

SolitaireGame v4.5
Card game

Zum Zum v1.33.10
Game

Last edited:

HmSkoolMom

Dec 25, 2011
Perhaps you guys can help me. I have the model listed in the OP (the biglots pandigital black novel).. my husband purchased it for me mainly as a "business card" for my photography/art business (so I can show my work)... anyway... I also have an 8gb SD card in place and it says it is properly seated. Lastly, I am NOT a tech-less person. I have been working on or with computers since my first Tandy xIIe. We are a very technology driven house and...

I AM LOST.... :)

I have google searched these forums and others and here are my problems I am having:

1. the pandigital website does not load from any other website, not even by directly typing it in; this is so I can update the firm ware. But can't do that if I can't get it to load.

2. I just now got amazon marketplace for android installed on it and managed to download angry birds free. When I went to download another game, I got the "free up space" error. I should note that nothing is running in the apps page except the keyboard and when I go to "Manage Apps" like it asks me to, there is nothing for me to manage--eg: everything it shows are all factory installed apps, so there is nothing for me to uninstall or otherwise do this "managing" it is asking me to do. (in the applications setting for running services, at the bottom it says "avail: 61mb+81mb in 12 and Other: 27mb in 3...I have no clue what this means)

3. It runs horrendously slow. And I have no idea how to access the memory card. Am I supposed to load the card into my computer, download what I want and then go to the novel? It would still give me the "no free space" error, wouldn't it? Also, the top left of my screen has a what looks like an exclamation point on paper icon. When I click on it and drag down, all it says is "SD card is mounted successfully".

Considering that I am not that un-tech savvy, I have tried to make sense of every instruction I have read over the last hour. I guess I really need it in plain english. How the heck do I work this thing? I've got my email working, facebook working, even the internet and wifi working. I can access the Barnes and Noble e-reader... but how do I:

1.. Get rid of the books that came with the e-reader so I can download my own?
2.. When I download, will it allow me to save those books to SD or what?
3.. I've read the user guide, trust me--I am LOST.. help? I want to get my photography/art on this thing so I can use it the way he intended it to be used.

Please, help?

Thanks
toni

mintedroyal

Jan 5, 2012
These are apps that work on the black 7" Novel that is being sold at Big Lots. Please add more as you find them.

Laputa v3.0.5 Laputa | SlideME
An eBook reader app

My paints v1.1 My paints | SlideME
Painting app

Note Everything v4.1.0 Note Everything | SlideME
Type or handwrite notes

Opera Mini v5.1.1 Opera Mini | SlideME

SolitaireGame v4.5 SolitaireGame | SlideME
Card game

Zum Zum v1.33.10 Zum Zum | SlideME
Game

And I have found, these also work,

Twitter

FaceBook

Opera Browser

amazon App Strore

Amazon Kindle App

Pandora

TuneIn Radio

I got all of the above at FreewareLovers.net, they offer so many apps and between the Amazon App store and the Opera App store, I don't think there is a need for the google market place! In fact I have read that many of the market place app don't work as good as those you can get at other sites!

Cerastez

Nov 26, 2011
You got the Kindle app to work? I tried every version available on FreewareLovers.net and none would install. Which Novel do you have?

Dec 26, 2011
Perhaps you guys can help me. I have the model listed in the OP (the biglots pandigital black novel).. my husband purchased it for me mainly as a "business card" for my photography/art business (so I can show my work)... anyway... I also have an 8gb SD card in place and it says it is properly seated. Lastly, I am NOT a tech-less person. I have been working on or with computers since my first Tandy xIIe. We are a very technology driven house and...

I AM LOST.... :)

I have google searched these forums and others and here are my problems I am having:

1. the pandigital website does not load from any other website, not even by directly typing it in; this is so I can update the firm ware. But can't do that if I can't get it to load.

2. I just now got amazon marketplace for android installed on it and managed to download angry birds free. When I went to download another game, I got the "free up space" error. I should note that nothing is running in the apps page except the keyboard and when I go to "Manage Apps" like it asks me to, there is nothing for me to manage--eg: everything it shows are all factory installed apps, so there is nothing for me to uninstall or otherwise do this "managing" it is asking me to do. (in the applications setting for running services, at the bottom it says "avail: 61mb+81mb in 12 and Other: 27mb in 3...I have no clue what this means)

3. It runs horrendously slow. And I have no idea how to access the memory card. Am I supposed to load the card into my computer, download what I want and then go to the novel? It would still give me the "no free space" error, wouldn't it? Also, the top left of my screen has a what looks like an exclamation point on paper icon. When I click on it and drag down, all it says is "SD card is mounted successfully".

Considering that I am not that un-tech savvy, I have tried to make sense of every instruction I have read over the last hour. I guess I really need it in plain english. How the heck do I work this thing? I've got my email working, facebook working, even the internet and wifi working. I can access the Barnes and Noble e-reader... but how do I:

1.. Get rid of the books that came with the e-reader so I can download my own?
2.. When I download, will it allow me to save those books to SD or what?
3.. I've read the user guide, trust me--I am LOST.. help? I want to get my photography/art on this thing so I can use it the way he intended it to be used.

Please, help?

Thanks
toni

There were lots of problems with the pandigital site. It seems to be working fine now. Click on the update firmware then the american flag. It will say that your model wasnt found. You have to list your model number as r70e200 manually on the second option. Its pretty simple. I updated mine this morning .

You can access your memory card by using the ES file Explorer on your novel. Took me a little while to figure that out too. As far as the books and all that, I have no idea. Hope this helps