AppsLib/Aldiko Reader

Jan 20, 2011
I wonder why does Coby think they're Android Market and Kindle clones are so much better?

I want Android Market on my tablets, not some stupid manufacturer thing no one's going to develop for.

I couldn't even find a website to search apps on like Android Market.

At least you can install Kindle I think.

I just don't understand why they want to compete with Google in this way. Google gave you an entire OS for free. Why do you need to go fiddle with it??

epsteinjosh

Dec 13, 2010
Appslib is developed by Archos, not Coby. The Appslib developed by Archos is actually not bad. You can get 1000's of free apps like Youtube, facebook, Fring, etc, etc, etc.. If you don't have the appslib market on your device you can download it for free at AppsLib

I wonder why does Coby think they're Android Market and Kindle clones are so much better?

I want Android Market on my tablets, not some stupid manufacturer thing no one's going to develop for.

I couldn't even find a website to search apps on like Android Market.

At least you can install Kindle I think.

I just don't understand why they want to compete with Google in this way. Google gave you an entire OS for free. Why do you need to go fiddle with it??

jabby

Apr 22, 2011
Google is the one who won't allow "tablets" to have access to Android Market. They feel the apps are designed for phones and could cause tablet users problems. Coby would put the Android Market on in a minute, if they could.
Regards - John

driggs

Apr 22, 2011
Google is the one who won't allow "tablets" to have access to Android Market. They feel the apps are designed for phones and could cause tablet users problems. Coby would put the Android Market on in a minute, if they could.
Regards - John
I wouldn't say that Google won't allow tablets onto the Market, since they could easily block access. They just will not allow the distributors to include it by default. And since the tabs are rooted to get access, they do not have to verify all of the applications on the market will work on the device. I don't have a problem with that, and, in a way, I think what they are doing makes smart business sense. Now, if they were to start BLOCKING unauthorized/rooted tablets, then there would be problems.

So basically, IMHO it is not the tablet makers fault nor is it Google's. If you want access, all you have to do is root.