Archos 70 - How to Organize Apps ....

Bilgediver

Dec 3, 2010
Ok, I'm attaching Taghome for Android 2.2 to this thread.

Its the one I downloaded, I'm assuming you've updated to latest firmware.

Attachments

• $com.stain46.taghome22-1.zip
    512 KB · Views: 257

vja4Him

Jan 14, 2011
Ok, I'm attaching Taghome for Android 2.2 to this thread.

Its the one I downloaded, I'm assuming you've updated to latest firmware.

Yes, my Archos is updated to the latest firmware. Got the taghome file too. Thanks! Will give that a try when I get back later today ....

Music

Feb 5, 2011
On my Huawei, I could create folders on the desktop by a long-tap, then Folders, then New folder. You can rename the folder by opening it and a long tap on the folder's name. You can add apps to the folder by opening the the Applications tab, and holding on an app's icon, then drag to the folder.

Remove icons from the desktop by tap & hold, then drag to the trashcan (bottom corner.) Apps aren't deleted/uninstalled, just removed from the desktop. You can remove just about anything from the desktop by dragging it to the trashcan. :)

The app's icon is still in the Applications tab, if you can't find it or need it.

You can move a folder to another tab by dragging it to that tab.

vja4Him

Jan 14, 2011
On my Huawei, I could create folders on the desktop by a long-tap, then Folders, then New folder. You can rename the folder by opening it and a long tap on the folder's name. You can add apps to the folder by opening the the Applications tab, and holding on an app's icon, then drag to the folder.

Remove icons from the desktop by tap & hold, then drag to the trashcan (bottom corner.) Apps aren't deleted/uninstalled, just removed from the desktop. You can remove just about anything from the desktop by dragging it to the trashcan. :)

The app's icon is still in the Applications tab, if you can't find it or need it.

You can move a folder to another tab by dragging it to that tab.

That's what I've been doing on my Archos 70 IT. I found that the more folders and apps on the desktop, the slower the desktop is (takes a longer time for the desktop to load).

Now, every time I turn my tablet from landscape to portrait (or visa versa), the desktop disappears, and takes awhile to reappear. This is very annoying and frustrating. Especially when I want to show somebody something ... I go to pick up my tablet and say, "Hey, check this out!" They look at my desktop and nothing is there! By the time the desktop comes back to life, the people are gone, or no longer interested ....

Bummer ...