Archos g9 101 ?

bokkie

Apr 27, 2012
Hi all. I'm looking for a tablet and stumbled across the archos g9 101 turbo.
I was initially looking in the sub £200 bracket until I saw that for £300 I can get the turbo 250gb version.
Is this worth it or would I be better off getting a 8 gb one with a portable hard drive? would that be more power hungry?
I was also wondering if I got a cheap 8gb g9 101 could I plug it into the screen of the 250gb one and use it as a monitor so both kids could watch movies, etc whilst travelling?
That way I could use the 250gb version to store the movies and the other one just to use as a monitor.
I also believe that I can get an adapter to plug my mobile sim card in to surf the internet, is this correct?
Is this my best option or is there something else that would be recommended above the archos g9 101 turbo?
Must be at least a 9 inch screen?
Thanks for your help

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Hi, I'm not sure about archos for video link but I can tell you that for much less money you could get similar tabs. The chinese tablet market has grown & improved no end over recent months & now they are competing with big brands on fairly level terms. Higher quality, higher spec tablets are now available for just over £100 for 9" & above size tabs.I have a sanei n90 which has ics 4.0.3 ips capacitive screen(like ipad2) 1gb ddr memory 16 gb flash memory 1ghz cpu slot for upto 32gb micro sd card mini usb mini hdmi ( which I think can link to another device for video). This cost only £138 delivrred by dhl in just 5 days from shipment date. You don't have to buy , but I think they're worth a look at least. Try redtabletpc.com . They're a supporting vendor on this forum & as such give good aftersales advice,updates, problem solving etc. They also tend to pick better quality tabs than some others. I would recommend them. The choice is yours £300 on a tab or £150 ish on something that will do exactly the same things.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

bokkie

Apr 27, 2012
Hi, I'm not sure about archos for video link but I can tell you that for much less money you could get similar tabs. The chinese tablet market has grown & improved no end over recent months & now they are competing with big brands on fairly level terms. Higher quality, higher spec tablets are now available for just over £100 for 9" & above size tabs.I have a sanei n90 which has ics 4.0.3 ips capacitive screen(like ipad2) 1gb ddr memory 16 gb flash memory 1ghz cpu slot for upto 32gb micro sd card mini usb mini hdmi ( which I think can link to another device for video). This cost only £138 delivrred by dhl in just 5 days from shipment date. You don't have to buy , but I think they're worth a look at least. Try redtabletpc.com . They're a supporting vendor on this forum & as such give good aftersales advice,updates, problem solving etc. They also tend to pick better quality tabs than some others. I would recommend them. The choice is yours £300 on a tab or £150 ish on something that will do exactly the same things.

Thanks for your reply. Do those tablets have the same facilites for sharing sim cards with your phone. The Archos has an adapter which you put your sim card into so you can use the data allowance.
I have also heard negative things regarding battery life, etc with chinese tablets.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Yes micro sd card . These often come with sd card adaptor anyway.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Sorry you will need a suitable dongle for your device but these are cheap enough to buy. Ignore last post I misread your question

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Ps some devices do have 3g built in so you wouldn't need a dongle. Check on ther website for such tablets. They're normally only a few pounds more.

bokkie

Apr 27, 2012
Ps some devices do have 3g built in so you wouldn't need a dongle. Check on ther website for such tablets. They're normally only a few pounds more.

Thanks. I have an unlimited data plan on my phone so I was hoping I could use the sim for streaming tv, etc.
This is what initially caught my eye with the archos, the ease of sharing sim card.
I don't want to get a seperate data plan for the tablet.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
If you did buy one needing a dongle just make sure its ok for your network or unlocked. You can use your phone sim but obviously no one can phone you. Unless you get a tablet with phone capability, again these are out there for just a gfew pounds more than ordinary tablets

bokkie

Apr 27, 2012
If you did buy one needing a dongle just make sure its ok for your network or unlocked. You can use your phone sim but obviously no one can phone you. Unless you get a tablet with phone capability, again these are out there for just a gfew pounds more than ordinary tablets

I really like the specs of the archos, but they look a bit plasticy and cheap.

Is the Onda or Hannaspree any good?

Recommendations?

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
The onda has good reviews, don't know about hannsprree. Again, check with a good suppliet like redtabletpc.com . They tend to only sell better quality tabs.

wydieq

Sep 13, 2012
The onda has good reviews, don't know about hannsprree. Again, check with a good suppliet like redtabletpc.com . They tend to only sell better quality tabs.

i cant visit your website,
tablet pc
i went to have know the price and shipping cost

thanks a lot