Arnova 10D G3 Mobile 3G Setup Troubles

Footso

Oct 30, 2013
Hi Folks,

Whilst not unfamiliar with PCs and laptops, running various windows versions, and a laptop using Ubuntu, I am a complete stranger to Android devices. I have recently bought the above tablet, and having overcome several "teething prblems" I'm stuck with the problem of linking to my Orange internet account, via a Huawei E173 wireless dongle. My 3G SIM was delivered with a Huawei E3131, but I couldn't get this to work (it is not on the "supported" list) so I bought an E173, as that is on the list. On plugging in the dongle to the USB port I get a message stating "preparing USB storage". If I reboot, then I briefly get the same message, the indicator on the dongle flashes, but nothing else happens. I had previously set up a 3G network for Orange, but then the message was "unable to connect, please connect via a dongle on the supported list" (or words to that effect). I am now setting up a new 3G network, and recall "Orange Internet" as the name, but what to put as the device number and APN are a mystery to me. I have turned off the wifi btw.

I am slowly losing the will to live, so please can someone put me out of my misery? Or better still, on the right track. Thanks.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Footso, congratulations on your Arnova tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!