Asus Memo Pad HD7 vs. Google Nexus 2013 (new version)

ronyzmbow

Sep 17, 2013
I am in the market to get a new tablet to replace my aging Samsung Galaxy Tab.
Cannot decide between Asus Memo Pad HD7 and the Google Nexus 2013 (new version).
I do not play any games on the tablet, just surfing the net, emailing and watch video both on Youtube and from the memory.
The important parameters for me is the screen quality image and smooth web surfing. I know the Memo Pad can have an external Micro SD card while the Nexus does not.
In the market here, Denmark, the Nexus is almost double the price of the Memo Pad.
What are your advices as to which one should I pick between the two? Will I feel or see a big difference between the two?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi ronyzmbow, welcome to the forum, nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets. The Asus Memo Pad appears to be pretty much equivalent to the original Google Nexus 7 with an MSD port. In the US, the Memo Pad is selling for $149 USD and the Nexus 2013 is $239 USD for the 16GB versions. I personally chose the Nexus for the better screen image quality and the fact it came with Android 4.3. Also, because I think Google will do a better job of keeping it up to date than Asus would. Will you feel or see a big difference between the two? I honestly don't know if it would make a difference to you or not. Try using them side by side if you can to see for yourself if it's worth the extra money or not. Good luck and enjoy the forum!

edap

Dec 12, 2012
I would also add that you're getting an extra 1GB of RAM, as well as a faster processor, for the extra money. But, before you buy, definitely try the side by side comparison test as Spider suggests.

ronyzmbow

Sep 17, 2013
Any more comments? Did anybody used the 2 devices and can tell from his or hers experience?

Musing

Aug 27, 2012
If price is a factor in your decision, Asus is the best value but Nexus has better combination of features. As Spider suggests, compare side by side, then make your decision.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
With the risk of repeating myself, again... How does any similar device hope to compete with the Nexus 7 (2013)? It has a fantastic screen, more RAM, and support from Google....