Asus Teaser Hints at New Device Unveiling at MWC Press Conference; Maybe Fonepad

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
asus-mwc-teaser-ad-invite.jpg

Asus just shared a new teaser ad, claiming "in search of incredible." It is designed to generate interest for the press event they will hold at MWC on February 25th. Although there are several device they may launch during the event, the industry speculation suggests their prime item of interest is the 7-inch Fonepad. Interestingly, their have been hints rippling throughout the industry that this new Fonepad will utilize an Intel based processor instead of the usual varieties.

If you peer carefully at the ad, you will notice that all the tiny symbols follow a path, and that path is either the number 8 or an infinity symbol. Obviously, this means it could either be a new Windows 8 product, or a new "sequel" to their Infinity Android tablet, or perhaps both (a Windows 8 based Infinity tablet). Of course, we will be sharing all the exciting news with you as it breaks at MWC in just a couple of weeks. What do you think this new teaser is hinting at?

Source: TransformerForums via PhoneArena

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I think it is infinity. Usually infinity is graphically represented by the overlap while 8s do not usually feature an overlap. Beyond that the icons are clearly Android in style not Windows live tiles. That makes it pretty easy for me to say infinity over 8 :) It looks like it will be quite cool in either case.

MA83

Feb 25, 2012
Hmm... If you search ASUS In Search of the Incredible on Google you get an ASUS page that features all of their W8 products.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Good points and good catch in the middle. Can't figure out the other icons in that case though. Is that possibly a multi screen or app drawer icon? My only Asus is Nexus 7 which is pure Android so I am not familiar with their skins. From their Padfone 2 Andoird page though there is a strong correlation with the other icons.

ASUS - - ASUS PadFone 2