Asus Teases New Transformer Pad will Be Announced on September 4th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
transformer-pad-tease-for-sept4.jpg

It looks like September 4th just got even busier for big tech announcements. Not only are both Sony and Samsung holding big press events that day, fans of Asus Android tablets will have something to look forward to as well. Asus just this weekend teased a new Android tablet will be announced on September 4th. They didn't use that date specifically, but their teaser indicates something big will be coming in four days and they sent the announcement out on the 31st of August.

From the pic it is obviously a new Transformer Pad, and although no details were shared other than the countdown, it's a good bet that it will have a Tegra 4 chip in it, due to Asus' close ties to NVIDIA. It's worth noting that a previously unknown Asus tablet made its way through the FCC just a couple of weeks ago. Coincidence? Not likely...

Here at HQ we were recently wondering when we would see another Asus made Transformer Pad. It looks like Asus was reading our thoughts.

Source: Facebook - Asus via TransformerForums

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Asus has always been a top tier producer of hardware, so I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for this, as the Transformer line was always one of our favourite Android tablets at the office and I'm excited to see what the company has planned for us next. I figure it’s a safe bet to say there will also be an accompanying keyboard accessory announced at the same time, which is fine by me.

Angus66

Oct 17, 2011
I'm looking forward to the next high-end Asus tablet, whatever it may be.

My only concerns are quality and customer service. Hopefully Asus has improved boh.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Six new Android devices from ASUS were revealed at IFA 2013, each with their own special place in a well-balanced product portfolio. If I had to pick any particular new Asus device that I was most interested in, I’d have to say the Transformer Pad has me curious. Previous Transformer tablets have been great alternatives to Nexus tablets; I imagine this one will be as well. How about everyone else?

Angus66

Oct 17, 2011
Six new Android devices from ASUS were revealed at IFA 2013, each with their own special place in a well-balanced product portfolio. If I had to pick any particular new Asus device that I was most interested in, I’d have to say the Transformer Pad has me curious. Previous Transformer tablets have been great alternatives to Nexus tablets; I imagine this one will be as well. How about everyone else?

If the TF701T comes in at a good price versus the Note 10.1 2014 I'll definitely consider it.

It would be REALLY nice to have the Asus TF701T, Samsung Note 10.1 2014 and the new Nexus 10 2013 all available at the same time to choose from. :D

MA83

Feb 25, 2012
I love my TF101. It's been a solid tab. I'd really love to have a new one though, and I think that with the lessons learned through the trial and error of the last few renditions this could be the best one yet!

davey0728

May 30, 2013
transformer-pad-tease-for-sept4.jpg

It looks like September 4th just got even busier for big tech announcements. Not only are both Sony and Samsung holding big press events that day, fans of Asus Android tablets will have something to look forward to as well. Asus just this weekend teased a new Android tablet will be announced on September 4th. They didn't use that date specifically, but their teaser indicates something big will be coming in four days and they sent the announcement out on the 31st of August.

From the pic it is obviously a new Transformer Pad, and although no details were shared other than the countdown, it's a good bet that it will have a Tegra 4 chip in it, due to Asus' close ties to NVIDIA. It's worth noting that a previously unknown Asus tablet made its way through the FCC just a couple of weeks ago. Coincidence? Not likely...

Here at HQ we were recently wondering when we would see another Asus made Transformer Pad. It looks like Asus was reading our thoughts.

Source: Facebook - Asus via TransformerForums

So any updates on this new AWESOME Asus tablet???? The update was supposed to come ut on the 4th which was over a week ago so do we know what this new tab is yet?

Angus66

Oct 17, 2011