Asus Transformer: Marketing Scam?

dctab

Sep 26, 2010
A month ago Asus generated sell-out headlines by offering too few units at $399, with some outlets like Target offering an additional number at just $360. Two days after I ordered one at $360, Target cancelled my order without explanation. This evening Target grandly announced that I could re-order the Asus Transformer, but not at the previously discounted price of $360, and not even at the previous regular price of $399. No, I could place my order at the new and improved price of $449. Huh? What gives? Did Asus create an artificial shortgage just to pump up demand so they could raise prices? Neither Asus nor Target have engndered any good-will with me.

Having already waited a month, I think I'll just wait a little longer and see what other tablets are heading our way. What are you going to do?

CrunchyDoodle

Feb 16, 2011
Never attribute to malice what can be explained by stupidity and sloth. Welcome to the early adopters club. My 32GB Transformer and keyboard dock is my fourth cutting-edge Android tablet. In all cases I found a good place to pre-order at the standard, or slightly discounted, price with no shipping or sales tax and waited. In all cases I received my new toy in good order and have been enjoying them. Sure, I had one where the pre-order got canceled and lost a month's waiting in line. I cursed a lot and placed another pre-order. Be patient. :) Remember, they are not holding a gun to your head.

Bye. :cool:

ainyul

Nov 12, 2010
there have been rumours that pricing will be going up; so not surprised to see this..:(

JDubTrey

Feb 20, 2011
I agree. I have been trying to find this thing, solely because it was $399 retail. At $450, it's got some company (Acer, Toshiba soon, one or two others...maybe even Amazon this fall).