Asus Transformer Tf101 vs Toshiba Excite 10 LE

Which tablet should I keep?

• Asus Transformer (TF101) w/ dock ($337)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toshiba Excite 10 LE ($201)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Aug 6, 2012
Alright, so here's my situation..

I live in Canada.

I have an Asus TF101 w/ dock sitting unopened in my room right now, which I got for $337 w/ tax from an NCIX sale a couple of weeks back. Today, there was a sale at Best Buy , in which the Toshiba Excite 10 LE was on for $200, and I managed to get a price match with Futureshop. Now I got the Excite for $201 w/tax.

After doing some research, the downsides of the the Excite, despite being a lower price:

1. Build quality and design. Some places mention something about sharp edges around the bezel. That may or may not have been fixed.
2. Unresponsiveness. That may just be HC and may have been fixed a bit with ICS.
3. Battery life on the Excite is subpar.
4. According to the Toshiba forums, you cannot root the Excite, unlike the Transformer (not sure if this is true, as I have no experience).

Still debating which of the two I should keep. The Transformer is superior with its features , but the Excite is at almost half the price.

Just want some opinions.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Probably there are few people that have direct experience with both devices. The Transformer is almost uniquely useful to me because of the keyboard dock and exceptional battery life.

Sent from my Tablet like device running Android