Attention owners and would-be owners of Cruz Tablet

TabletConnect

Aug 4, 2010
Hello. For those who are not familiar with me, I run a blog, TabletConnect, that is dedicated to providing news, information and reviews of tablet computers.

I know the Velocity Micro Cruz Tablet and Reader tablets are not the most popular Android tablets nor have they received good reviews. However, my review of the T104 Cruz Tablet is my most viewed article/post every single week (average 970 - 1,000 pageviews/week) since it was published in November 2010. I am really surprised by this. The number of search queries done via Google is incredible. This tells me that people are really interested in this product... for better or for worst.

I would like input from individuals here as to whether I should do another review on their latest model - T301 and whether I should actively report on any new developments from Velocity Micro. I will give what my readers want.

For those not aware, Velocity Micro will be launching 3 new tablets (no word when). One of which will have a Tegra 2 dual-core processor. Maybe they will have a real winner assuming that the price is right. Probably will not have Honeycomb (Android 3.0).

TabletConnect

Aug 4, 2010
Anyone? Over 300 views and no one has commented. It seems that people are interested in this tablet but I want to hear from you. Thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

wapodaca

May 19, 2011
Mike,
Please continue to cover Velocity Micro and any other economy priced tablets that are available in the general consumer market. I believe there is a huge market for full featured android devices at the $150-$250 price range, if they work. Manufacturers are cutting corners that have made the existing devices untennable for much beyond ereaders and email. The $200 7 inch tablet that performs as well as the ipad, xoom, iconia, or galaxy tab will fly off the shelves. I'm anticpating the galaxy player 5 to see if samsung does it right. My guess is they will price it too high, instead of coming in below the ipod touch. For the general consumer market there is no benefit to the android devices if they don't perform as well and/or cost more than the apple products that are already pervasive.

bgthunda

Feb 22, 2011
Please keep writing reviews we need them.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

Lady LaMothe

Jun 14, 2011
There, now, you got me to register, just to answer your question!

YES, please do keep reviewing low-end tablets, including Velocity's Micro Cruz. There is a market out there for a tablet that is not tied to a 3-g contract or network but is very portable, and is also less than $300. I want a digital notebook, for storing lists, recipes, calendar, emails, and maybe a game of Tetris or something casual, for killing time. For many, the ability to play music and movies easily or to keep up with social media are key features. If these tablets are reviewed next to their $500 cousins, they will inevitably review poorly. But it'd be great to see someone do a series of reviews comparing Velocity, the NookColor, viewsonic, and other more-than-ereader, less-than-laptop-replacement tablets. Reliable comparison of cpu speed, memory, and external media types would also be helpful. Many sites display a deplorable lack of consistency with such info. Thanks!

TabletConnect

Aug 4, 2010
There, now, you got me to register, just to answer your question!

YES, please do keep reviewing low-end tablets, including Velocity's Micro Cruz. There is a market out there for a tablet that is not tied to a 3-g contract or network but is very portable, and is also less than $300. I want a digital notebook, for storing lists, recipes, calendar, emails, and maybe a game of Tetris or something casual, for killing time. For many, the ability to play music and movies easily or to keep up with social media are key features. If these tablets are reviewed next to their $500 cousins, they will inevitably review poorly. But it'd be great to see someone do a series of reviews comparing Velocity, the NookColor, viewsonic, and other more-than-ereader, less-than-laptop-replacement tablets. Reliable comparison of cpu speed, memory, and external media types would also be helpful. Many sites display a deplorable lack of consistency with such info. Thanks!

Thanks for your feedback.

Ami

Jan 24, 2011
After owning a Cruz Reader for a few months and after and untimely accident involving the dog's water dish my mother bought me the Tablet t301 for my birthday. I would like you to keep up reviewing and whatnot the t301 and any other Cruz tablet that comes out. Thanks!

~Ami

tatmanjr

Jun 29, 2011
I've tried all that cud to try and make videos play on my cruz t301 and nothing seems to work. I really cud use a lil help.

TabletConnect

Aug 4, 2010
What are you using to create videos and what format (mov, mp4, avi, etc.)?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Yes, keep writing reviews and start using the new logo. As I recall C was the winner and that's the one I voted for. :)