Aye up

YorkshireTyke

May 27, 2012
:D Greetings folks,

I treated my self to a Zenithnk ZTPad ZT-280 C71 7" tablet running Android 4.0.3 ICS.

I could not believe just how little there was in the way of a user manual. I had/have lots of questions:-

1) How do you find out about what hardware/software your tablet has?
2) How do you backup your system and re-install?
3) Is there a fire wall?
4) Any virus protection?
5) Also what about anti-theft/recover?

I'm not expecting any answers to the above questions (as a response to this thread) as I have spent many hours "Googling" for the answers my self. Ho hum!

So I'll no doubt be picking yours brains as I read the comments on this forum. Thank you.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Greetings Tyke, congratulations on your new ZT-280 and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to become a member of Android Tablets. When you do begin asking questions, the place to do that would be the Zenithink Tablets Forum. That's where the folks with your tablet can usually be found, and I'm sure they'll help you as much as they can. Enjoy your new tablet and the forum!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum Tyke

Let me take a stab at some of your questions

1) How do you find out about what hardware/software your tablet has?

If you go to settings - about tablet you should be able to find out about your version of Android and the build number. As for the hardware, the best place to go would be the Zenith WEB site but I'm sure someone else will chime in.

For the rest of the apps, (software) you should be able to tap on the little squares in the upper right corner that will display all the apps.

2) How do you backup your system and re-install?

There are a few apps in the Google Store, like MyBackup, some have a trial period some cost money. The best one is generally recognized to be Titanium Backup but your tablet needs to be rooted to use that app.

3) Is there a fire wall?

Not natively and a firewall may be of limited use at this point. But you should install anti virus software to provide some protection. AVG (free) is good as is AVAST. Lookout has a product, (paid) that you may like so you may want to look for it on the Store.

4) Any virus protection?

See #3

5) Also what about anti-theft/recover?

Lookout also has some anti theft capabilities. You also should probably use PIN access to the tablet for additional security.